Called all day, got one old male after sun down. Pictures

derbyacresbob

I went out early this morning so I could start calling at first light.
IMG_6983.jpg

IMG_6988.jpg

This was the view I had when I got out to open a gate. I drank too much coffee before I took the pictures.LOL Only 4 out of about 15 pictures were any good.

I called all day and never saw a coyote while I was calling. I did have quite a few answer back when I used coyote vocal sounds.

On my way home just as the sun was going down I decided to try a spot I have not called in a few years.

On this last stand of the day I started out with female coyote howls. After 8 to 10 minutes I switched to female coyote challenge. After a few minutes I heard a real rough sounding challenge bark off to my right. I only heard it twice. I tried some more coyote sounds and was about to give up. I switched to Coyote Pup Screams and after about 2 minutes of that I saw a coyote coming around the hill from my right.

I was laying prone on a big bare hill with no cover at all. The coyote stopped about 60 yards from my Prairie Blaster, he was about 70 or 80 yards from me. The Barnes 80 gr Tipped TSX out of my 243 dropped the old male coyote in his tracks.
IMG_6999.jpg

IMG_7006.jpg

This old coyote didn't have many teeth left and the ones he had were in bad shape.

thanks for the post and congrats. I had a guy give me one he shot last year like that. was the biggest one i ever skinned out weighed 38 pounds. I told the fella that shot it that it was old and starving so he sat by the road hoping someone would end his misery.... hahahaha

My wifes uncle shot one like that a month or so ago, on his bait. The old boy only had a few teeth, and I don't think they were doing him any good. One foot was missing, he was jumping with fleas and stunk like all get out. He weighed 49 lbs, though. I think he might have been a garbage can coyote, he wasn't even a mile out of town.

Wow, that one has the worse teeth I have seen, I had one or two about just like that one. I bet they are 11-13 yrs old, good to take an old smart one!

That one has to be a veteran of the calling wars , Congradulatios are in order . You fooled a seasoned coyote, no brag just fact . good job . Jerry .

That is one old looking dog. Nice work on staying after it all day. I know a lot of people that would have quit long before that. Nice job.

Back