RIP Brody and Top

Originally Posted By: getemcloseI think mods took it out.

Now why in the heck would the mods take out a photo so important and relevant to a story like this one!!!!!!!!!!!
cursing.gif

Maybe I shouldn't have posted the pic I did but unfortunately its impossible to take suitable photos of dogs after they have been killed and partially eaten by wolves.

Thanks for all of your support, but life goes on and we will be back out hunting this weekend.

HCS

From a fellow houndsman, sorry for your loss. I would be raging a war against wolves about ringt now if it would have happened to me.

Originally Posted By: cfishmanFrom a fellow houndsman, sorry for your loss. I would be raging a war against wolves about ringt now if it would have happened to me.

guys that really sucks. i feel for your loss, i read a good saying on here a while back...shoot, shovel, shut up. i personally would be a very opportunistic hunter.

Guys,

I took the picture out as it was very graphic and against our TOS. HCS can email them to you if he wishes but we have to draw the line somewhere and the picture was just too much.

Mike how much is to much? Maybe everyone should see these pics. After all this is a part of nature and not a man made event. It is a predator doing whats it does. Maybe we should not try to cover up what nature really looks like. If you shoot a picture and create gore, to me that different. We can clean up our act. But a wolf is just want it is and should be seen just for that. Just and opinion and maybe not correct but its my 2 cents.

i'm with trailhound on this, i didnt get to see the pics but figured that might be the deal, if no one see's what they do then its like "out of sight, out of mind" for most people, ryan

PM does not allow graphic photos be it coyotes with their guts hanging out or dogs partially eaten by wolves. Like I said, if HCS wants to email them to you in a personal message that's fine by me but they can't be out on the open board.

All of us in here know how cruel nature can be, I've seen some shocking things as a biologist, but I don't post the pictures.

I knew by pulling the photo a firestorm would ensue but my responsibility as moderator is to keep things clean.

Sorry if that's got some of you riled.

mike nothing against you, i understand its the rules, just dont understand why they are like that sometimes, i know you mods have to make the call on what to pull and what to let stay, glad its your job and not mine, and like i said nothing against you or any of the mods, ryan

Mike I agree with tapper. Nothing against you. I know you are doing your job. and a fine job at that!!I think the public needs to see!! Just my 2 cents!!

Vargy

Mike, no hard feelings to you at all,think you do a great job here. Just sometimes with the whole truth could be shown for what it is. I know your hands are somewhat tied, thats ok. Sorry if I rufferd your feather, no harm intended

Originally Posted By: emeraldterriers1Originally Posted By: cfishmanFrom a fellow houndsman, sorry for your loss. I would be raging a war against wolves about ringt now if it would have happened to me.

guys that really sucks. i feel for your loss, i read a good saying on here a while back...shoot, shovel, shut up. i personally would be a very opportunistic hunter.

A secret war, of course.

I don't want this post to turn into what should and shouldn't be posted on here. I just wanted this to get out and show people that there is starting to get a serious problem with wolves in our area and get this story out.

Sorry Mike.

HCS

It can be hard enough to get you dogs in shape and then this happens. Well we lost two dogs this fall that just up and lost weight and died. Vet can't fugure it out. Really hurts when we loose one of our own.....

HCS,

Sorry to hear about Brody and Top, I can't even imagine what a mauled up pups look like, its a bone chilling story without a doubt, Wolves are stategic hunters, they have killed man, mans best friend, game, pets.. when is society going to open their eyes... I agree with emeraldterriers1.. just my .02

again sorry for your loss

I've dealt with them other places, and thought here I wouldn't have to worry about them, but now there are breedin pairs in OR.
Kc, I hope they don't get into your country, but it seems like its just a matter of time before they will be everywhere.

Back