WHATS THE BEST BOBCAT SOUND and HAND CALL??

Maglite

I am a SUCKER for cats!! I hate housecats and love to kill BOBCATS!!!!!! Whats everyons favorite BOBCAT SOUND for an E-caller and whats the best HAND CALL for bobcats? Also what are your strategies for gettin cats?
Thanks for the info.

My favorite E-call sounds are. Cottontail, Woodpecker, Chicken distress, Kitten distress.

My favorite hand calls for cats. Wounded weasel, Carvers rabid rabbit, Bearmanricks RR1 toneboard.

I hunt near beaver ponds, Alder flats, edges of thick jack firs.

I also use a Mojo Critter.

E caller I like all of the woodpecker sounds.
Hand calls you must have a Syco Tweety, I also like Carver's extreme tone board.

I use a TBH distress. lol! Good to see a familiar name. I got one with Foxpros lightning jack recently. Let me know when you have time and I'll come show you how to get one every 3 or 4 years.

" I am a SUCKER for cats!! I hate housecats and love to kill BOBCATS!!!!!! Whats everyons favorite BOBCAT SOUND for an E-caller and whats the best HAND CALL for bobcats? Also what are your strategies for gettin cats? "

Haha I heard that, in terms of an e-caller Ive had my best luck with bobcat in heat and the traditional cottontail, starling, and vole distress... But as for a handcall that is Easyy- The Primos Catnip. Wow it has done wonders for me, very life like cat meows / growls along with the traditional cotton / jack distress. Very raspy sound that carries a good ways out there imo. Check it out if you havent already, well Worth it!!

Strategies..... PATIENCE, PATIENCE, PATIENCE! Just because you dont see them doesnt mean they arent sittin there looking at ya from within shotgun range- Especially in thick brush / cover which is where Ive had my best luck going for them here in TX. Good Luck and remember, Patience is a Virtue !
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Primos Catnip

Does anyone have a link to video or soundbite of the Catnip in use?

Last edited:
My favorite was an old weems wildcall that had a squeaker built into it. They seemed to like it when I didn't cover the squeaker and blew them together. They are all over the place up here. You never know where you will call one in. Most places I call coyotes can have cats too.

Back