So thoughts on these 2 choices Tikka T3 lite in 204 vs CZ varminter in 204

Manitobamonster

I am just wondering what your guys thoughts are on these 2 and which would you pick. Weight is not a huge factor as I find the CZ still fairly light I am more about the accuracy part of the equation please let me know your thought. I currently have the Tikka but was considering going to the CZ if it was going to be a better shooter not that the Tikka is bad I just try diff things LOL Thx in Advance for you replies.

Two perfectly good choices! I would say the Tikka is going to be hard to beat in the accuracy dept. I am also biased towards Tikka because I own a few of them. I wouldnt hesitate going either way. I would more likely choose the one I could get for less or the one that was more cosmetically pleasing.

I got the 527 varmint in .223, amazing just about sums it up!

LOVE the set trigger. Love everything about the gun. Its my go to predator gun. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a tikka but I gotta pick the 527, the set trigger sells it for me since I use the gun to hunt with a 3-12 scope then swap scopes to a v24 for the bench, prarie dogs, or some long range plinking. Haven't done alot of testing yet but right out of the box it shot submoa at the indoor range with only 12x scope and me behind the trigger.

527firstcoyote002.jpg

527readyforrange013.jpg

another thing that really sells it for me is I usualy use shooting sticks. The round forearm craddles nicely in the V of the shooting sticks. I believe the T3 has a flat forearm as do most varmint weight guns.

Last edited:
Boy, thats a tuff one! They are probably two of the best moderately priced rifles out there. Don't know much about the Tikka in .204 but have shot the CZ's in .204 alot. Both the CZ American and Varmint with a tuned loads will keep 3 shots under a 1/2", actually, closer to 3/8" very consistantly. The little American is no slouch, actually edging out my Varmint by a hair. I shot a very "scared" running coyote Monday at 220 yards with the American (I missed him trotting at about 150)! I was hunting this morning with the Varmint and saw a big fox squirrel digging on the the other side of the field. I ranged him, dialed the scope, and with no wind put the duplex on him and the 40 vmax rolled him across the top of the crusty snow. At 325 yards! Them CZ's are guns it just don't seem like you miss alot with. Its been a fun week as targets of opportunity seem to be far and few between in this neck of the woods.

You really can't go wrong with either one. I wanted a new 204 and started looking for a T3 Lite in that caliber but could not find one around here. At the time they were very scarce in the states. I bought a CZ and love it. Very nicely finished and very accurate. This rifle is a keeper. Dave

the trigger would be the deciding factor for me

I know I like the set trigger in the CZ's

I'm not sure if the tikka has one or not..??

If not Id buy the CZ

my .02

I have 2 tikkas,a 22/250 and a .243.Both are extremely accurate,the bolts open and close as smooth as silk,the triggers are crisp and clean.I also own a CZ 527 in 204, it is extremely accurate,the bolt is not as smooth as either tikka,but man,that set trigger is amazing.You won't regret either pick.Good Luck.

If it's a tossup I'd go for the CZ 204 Varmit in idbob's memory. I sure miss his posts, would love to see somebody else raving about those guns everytime the subject comes up.

peace.
unloaded

Back