NYS Coyote Hunters

Lots of barren stands here too. Called in plenty of hawks, an owl and a nice grey (I don't shoot them) with not even a hint of a yote.

Was out this am but 9* with 20knot winds makes for a very unhappy camper. One long stand and said enough. Have plenty of things on my "list" to do anyways...

Making up a "meat sickle" like someone is using on this forum. Will use it behind my house where I don't like to call too much.

Don't move, shoot straight.

I'm going to be giving the meatsicle a try this year also . have about 150 pounds of unedible hog meat to use . going to give baiting a shot .more so out of curiosity to see how effective it is .

I am planning on going out tomorrow morning if this wind calms down. It was brutal outside today!! Just got in from cutting firewood all day and feel like my face is on fire! lol So far I have only made a couple of stands and haven't seen anything.

Made 6 stands over the extended weekend, no takers that I was able to see........yesterday was out a good hour before daylight and was only able to bring in an owl that sat around and looked at my caller for a good 15-20 minutes as it was getting light. It was 1 degree when I headed into the woods yesterday (Adirondacks), with a -14 windchill according to www.wunderground.com.....
ohmy.gif

Hey Fred, sure you didn't pop that one on your way out of my territory. Cause I can't find anymore here!! LOL
Good hunting with you Bud.
We'll hook up later again in the season.

Originally Posted By: knockemdownGot two stands in with Perri on Friday in some gorgeous country, but no takers. We need to do that again, my friend!

Anyhoo, since I just learned that coyotes eat trash and aren't scared of humans or houses, I went out & rattled a couple garbage cans together next to the house. Well, lookie what came in!
41lbcoyote004.jpg

Obviously, the above was in jest. I guess I'm just lucky or somethin', 'cause they keep coming to me???

That's funny, I will however take your advice, about our previous conversation. I do think it is very solid advice, Thank you.
Daryl

well i nailed a yote in deer season with the 223 and a 60 grain partition
tore him up good with a shoulder shot
called in a grey and a red and got them with my custom airguns
called in a yote but got busted by the neighbors 130+ husky lol chased the yote off
ill be headin out again soon also
i do alot of ice fishing so after a night of fishing befor i leave the shanty i grab my rifle and take the 4wheeler up the lake and make a few stands
ill post some pics as i got a camera again now

well the fox was with a disco pistol
i built
but i just sold both pistols and got another condor which will be a full blown hunter in no time flat
wink.gif

i am fulton county
gloversville
like 45 mins from you actually
i hunt/fish on the sacandaga resivoir

Originally Posted By: crowpopperwell the fox was with a disco pistol
i built
but i just sold both pistols and got another condor which will be a full blown hunter in no time flat
wink.gif

i am fulton county
gloversville

I've spent quite a bit of time in your neck of the woods, I have a lot of family in Northville and spend the past 2 weekends there predator calling. Small world.....
wink.gif

Again, not a coyote... but I shoot the foxes just the same. This one came to FP's grey fox distress at 10:10 PM Weds nite...

09redon4.jpg

Originally Posted By: Rick JamesOriginally Posted By: crowpopperwell the fox was with a disco pistol
i built
wink.gif

i am fulton county
gloversville

I've spent quite a bit of time in your neck of the woods, I have a lot of family in Northville and spend the past 2 weekends there predator calling. Small world.....
wink.gif

nice
my fatherinlaw live in north broadablin
actually we go out on the lake from lakeview in broadalbin and go right up the lake to north ville on the 4 wheelers picking up spot along the way to hunt

bhw, good shooting ... there's alot of reds this year . I managed to get two in one set last week for the first time. The yotes have been beating me silly this year though .. good hunting

Hey fellas, new to the forum here.
Any advice for a noob yote hunter....? have hunted for years and recently have sparked an interest in yotes.... Just picked up a R-15 in .223 to terminate them .... couldn't resist once i checked it out.

Last edited:
R-15 Is a sweet gun ...we have a good population of yotes but they can be a real pain in the neck . Your going to find things don't operate around here as you see in the videos . Think of a coyote as the most paranoid ,scared animal and you'll srart to take them . as long as your putting lots of time in and hunting smart . If you like challenge yotes are for you .

hoping to get some time out this weekend. I know its going to be tough, I am prepared for that and will be learning every time I go out. Almost every night I have hear them in the orchards behind my house.

I just moved up to Watertown with the wife. I left my guns at home cause of NY laws but I would be happy to call for someone; ecall or hand call.

Just PM me.

- Brian

Back