Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#1474717 - 01/07/10 12:06 AM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: mtbadger]
MOFarmBoy Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: SW Missouri
This makes me sick. I feel for you northern guys. It is getting rediculous. Folks have spent years and countless dollars getting rid of these killers only to have the feds rub your noses in it these days. I'm so thankful we don't have them here.

Where in the Constitution does it say wolves are protected? If this isn't an issue for your northwestern states to use the 10th admendment on, I don't know what is. It's a friggin wolf for Pete's sake! What do they do for the betterment of the country? We'll protect wolves to the detriment of any other living being but we won't protect an unborn baby?

Whatever happened to private property rights? A governor with some salt needs to tell these feds where to go. This should be one of many issues where state's rights should supercede what the bunny huggers in California want.

In the meantime, I'm not promoting the breaking of any laws. I'm just venting.

#1474772 - 01/07/10 12:58 AM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: MOFarmBoy]
KevinJ Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Montana
It wasn't Jay Ritchie was it?
Ch.'PR' MT Red's Kim's Cat Crazy Maci

www.mtredkennels.com

#1474807 - 01/07/10 01:52 AM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: KevinJ]
youngdon Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: AZ
Sorry to hear of the loss. I too had a hard time reading that story. I am glad that you wrote it just to inform us.
I think I'll go hug my dogs now, and be thankful for the time I have with them.
"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them,which would include their own government." George Washington

#1475035 - 01/07/10 10:09 AM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: youngdon]
marlin4570 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: NEPA
Originally Posted By: youngdon

I think I'll go hug my dogs now, and be thankful for the time I have with them.

After reading the story I took my dogs out for a nice long walk and cooked up some steak for all three of us. It certainly made me appreciate them even more.

#1475225 - 01/07/10 12:55 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: marlin4570]
climber Offline

Loc: NW Montana
The tragedy to all of this is there are wolves everywhere up here now. I am HCS's neighbor, and hunted cats with his friend Mel the day before. In the last 2 years, the amount of wolf sign we have seen is incredible. I literally have not been out without seeing fresh sign. I hunt, hike, fish all year long, and cover literally this whole area. I seriously doubt that FWP really even know how many wolves are here.

We hope the wolf hunting will continue, and maybe even up the quota enough to knock wolf numbers down to a more manageable level.

#1475300 - 01/07/10 01:46 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: getemclose]
MTurbo Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Mesa Arizona
Originally Posted By: getemclose
I think mods took it out.

Now why in the heck would the mods take out a photo so important and relevant to a story like this one!!!!!!!!!!! cursing

#1475524 - 01/07/10 05:35 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: MTurbo]
HCS Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: NW Montana
Maybe I shouldn't have posted the pic I did but unfortunately its impossible to take suitable photos of dogs after they have been killed and partially eaten by wolves.

Thanks for all of your support, but life goes on and we will be back out hunting this weekend.

HCS

#1475684 - 01/07/10 07:37 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: climber]
cfishman Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Nebraska
From a fellow houndsman, sorry for your loss. I would be raging a war against wolves about ringt now if it would have happened to me.
Rem 700 22-250
FCW-15 Carbine, Nikon Coyote Special Scope, Burris PERP

#1475757 - 01/07/10 08:17 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: cfishman]
emeraldterriers1 Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: kansas
Originally Posted By: cfishman
From a fellow houndsman, sorry for your loss. I would be raging a war against wolves about ringt now if it would have happened to me.

guys that really sucks. i feel for your loss, i read a good saying on here a while back...shoot, shovel, shut up. i personally would be a very opportunistic hunter.

#1475764 - 01/07/10 08:24 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: emeraldterriers1]
mikegranger Offline
Retired Admin/moderator

Loc: Lewistown, Mt USA
Guys,

I took the picture out as it was very graphic and against our TOS. HCS can email them to you if he wishes but we have to draw the line somewhere and the picture was just too much.

Mike

#1475781 - 01/07/10 08:31 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: mikegranger]
trailhound Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Western MN
Mike how much is to much? Maybe everyone should see these pics. After all this is a part of nature and not a man made event. It is a predator doing whats it does. Maybe we should not try to cover up what nature really looks like. If you shoot a picture and create gore, to me that different. We can clean up our act. But a wolf is just want it is and should be seen just for that. Just and opinion and maybe not correct but its my 2 cents.

#1475823 - 01/07/10 08:51 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: trailhound]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
i'm with trailhound on this, i didnt get to see the pics but figured that might be the deal, if no one see's what they do then its like "out of sight, out of mind" for most people, ryan

#1475868 - 01/07/10 09:12 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: trapper2]
BOBTAILS Offline
PM senior

Loc: In the sage
My sorrow go out for you guys, I and just getting into hounds and decoy dogs. This is unimaginable to me. Rob.

Wolves don't lose sleep, over the opinion's of sheep.

Carver Predator calls Prostaffer, Made in the USA!!
www.carverpredatorcalls.com

#1475884 - 01/07/10 09:22 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: BOBTAILS]
mikegranger Offline
Retired Admin/moderator

Loc: Lewistown, Mt USA
PM does not allow graphic photos be it coyotes with their guts hanging out or dogs partially eaten by wolves. Like I said, if HCS wants to email them to you in a personal message that's fine by me but they can't be out on the open board.

All of us in here know how cruel nature can be, I've seen some shocking things as a biologist, but I don't post the pictures.

I knew by pulling the photo a firestorm would ensue but my responsibility as moderator is to keep things clean.

Sorry if that's got some of you riled.

Mike

#1475910 - 01/07/10 09:32 PM Re: RIP Brody and Top [Re: mikegranger]
trapper2 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: north central okla
mike nothing against you, i understand its the rules, just dont understand why they are like that sometimes, i know you mods have to make the call on what to pull and what to let stay, glad its your job and not mine, and like i said nothing against you or any of the mods, ryan

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.