Introducing our Coyote Hounds

Bull_357

Here are a few pics of our coyote hounds and there catch last weekend. There are three of us who will have hounds or already own hounds. Mostly running walkers except the big kill dog is a Croghan Walker and Lady is a plot/running walker mix. I am getting my first running walker on the 20th and we are adding another 4 year old male running walker to the mix from the same place. That will bring us up to a total of 5 running walkers 1 croghan kill dog and 1 plot/running walker. Seems to be pretty close to even with the ones that get shot and the ones the dogs kill. This was the first weekend i decided to take the camera, but from now on I will have it with me and hopefully LOTS of pictures to come in the future. Maybe I will even get some videos of the kills.

Sean owner of Polecat (kill dog), Lady (plot/running walker mix), Dixie (running walker), and soon to be Butch(Running walker)

Ryan owner of Barbie (running walker) and Silk (running walker)

Me (Frank) Penny(redbone coondog)and shortly Blitz (running walker)

Kill dog (Pole Cat) and the running walker/plot mix (Lady)

DSCF0274.jpg

Same dogs

DSCF0275.jpg

My coon hound Penny and Ryan's Barbie (tri color) and Silk (brown phase)

photo.jpg

Line up

Sean is first person on left and Ryan is the third person in from the left. I am taking the photo. Dogs go Polecat, Dixie, Barbie, and Lady. Silk wasn't in the picture.
DSCF0280.jpg

I will try and get pictures of all the dogs together when we go to the 400 acre coyote pen on the 20th, because I know all the dogs even the two new ones will be there.

If you have any questions feel free to ask we have been running these dogs and some that have gone and come for the past 3-4 years. We use exclusively Garmin Astro's and usually hunt in a group of 8-14 guys. We only hunt Sunday's since you cant hunt anything else in PA on sunday, and we dont have to worry about the dogs running into unwelcomed hunters. The only time we run days that arent Sunday is in the summer or during coyote hunts.

Barbie the tri color, Pole cat and Lady are the only fighters, but don't let the name Barbie fool you she is probably has recently become our best dog and she will kill one buy her self. The cold nose jump dog is Dixie, but barbie has recently started to jump them also. Most of the dogs are around 4-5 years old except Polce cat is 9 and Blitz is almost 2 years old when I get her on the 20th.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: StraightlineWhat part of western pennsylvania are you from?

We mostly hunt southern Clearfield County. If you are from the area hit me up with a PM.

Sometimes, but mostly its just a large patch of woods due to where we live. When we get the chance to surround any piece of woods in our area its a dream come true and the yote is usually done pretty quick. There are very few small patches of woods or hollows in our area. Its mostly a couple hollows in a big patch of woods. Now if you go up around Erie with small patches of woods you can kill them quick and easy. They just look for tracks in if there aren't any coming out let the dog go and dead coyote if they can hit them. The good houndsmen in that area kill around 100 a year in PA seems like a lot, but too the style of hunting it really isn't.

Last edited:
Back