Bobcat in heat call, Does it work?

Errick

My new call has a 'bobcat in heat' - never used this before, Does it work well for cats or should I stick to distress calls?

yes... but save it for late jan and early feb

call in bedding cover .. the thickest you can find.. or dozer piles

Originally Posted By: mfpDo you call constantly? Or call in periods with it?

First thing that came to mind was house cats in heat...non-stop yowling for hours...or until the get smacked in the head.

I called in a Big Ol' Bobcat with "bobcat in heat" last week. It works. I've actually called in several bobcats using that sound. You can let it run continuously if you are using the remote and the caller isn't sitting with you. If you keep the caller with you, don't play it continous or the bobcat will probably spot you and hang up or even leave. Great sound to use! Good Hunting

Tom Austin

I use it off and on year round. I have the best responses starting in late January thru early March.

The rest of the year. I use it on held up cats. That I have already seen.

Do you use a decoy or not? A bobcat might be confused to hear bobcat in heat coming from a mojo critter.

Indeed it does work, I called in my 1st bobcat after I played that for about 20sec and followed it up with the Baby Cottontail. Im sure using it in Jan- March is best but that was in the heat of the afternoon in mid June so who knows.. Just experiment with it and the cats will tell you Sooner or Later what they want
thumbup.gif
Good luck

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mfpDo you use a decoy or not? A bobcat might be confused to hear bobcat in heat coming from a mojo critter.

Yes I use a decoy on cat stands. They haven't seemed confused so far.

Which "Bobcat in Heat" are you guys using? I have the Johnny Stewart Preymaster version. I haven't tried it, but I will now after hearing your guys' results.

Back