Who is Giving

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71

I have to admit that Stu has pretty much summarized how I've always felt about the subject.I guess I've always dismissed the excessive taxation argument as selfishness. Apparantly many folks really do just have a problem with turning their money over to the federal government.

I am one of them. I understand the necessary evil of taxes to "run" the government. But I become quite frustrated when my tax dollars are spent on things that should be of no concern to the government at all, or when they are spent frivolously without abandon.

That being said, I do not mind, and feel somewhat honored to be able to help those less fortunate. I do not mind giving to charities and local organizations that provide temporary assistance to those facing an unfortunate season in their life. I do however withdraw funds from any organization or charity that supports and funds things which do not align with my faith and moral compass.

I do have an objection to providing support to those who will not work, will not attempt to work, and will not attempt to support their families.

One nameless charity in particular from which I withdrew support was providing funds to sodomites in various ways. I inquired about the funding and was told that I could designate my donations to not go to that certain organization. The problem with that was that they simply re-routed funding to provide the same support they would have otherwise. My money went elsewhere.

My giving, whether it be to my church, or any other organization, is my choice, under my control, and will be managed in a way that lines up with my beliefs. Otherwise, it will be given to an organization, charity, or church that will.

Taxes, on the other hand, are handed out by the government, who, on its best day, is far from aligning with my moral compass. That is the primary reason I resent the taxation we are currently under. It is unfortunately not representative of the general consensus of the population, IMHO. I know for certain it is not representative of my family.

Edited to add: The role of the government, IMO, is to simply look after the general welfare of the general population, by providing security, safety, and protection against enemies, both foreign and domestic. It is not to subsidize slothfulness, promote "alternative lifestyles," support infanticide, or to fund foreign nations that stand against most, if not everything, American.

Biden's giving is his business - but his giving equates to about .15 percent of his income. 15/100 of a percent, out of every 100 dollars he gave about 15 pennies to charitable organizations. I would call that not wanting to help others... Even a basic biblical tithe is 10%. that would have equated to about 250000 dollars over the years in question - give or take a little bit.

Last edited:
Re-routing funds does happen. Back about l990's the Eloy PD made a seizure of a lot of drug cash, which under RICO law is 'supposed to go' to the PD.

The then Mayor of Eloy, AZ settled the issue by,

l. Letting the PD keep the money they had seized, and'

2. REDUCING the PD budget by precisely that same amount of money.

Thereby defeating the intent and purpose of the RICO statute in a way that may have been 'legal' but was certainly unethical.

mad.gif

Last edited:
As an aside here, the United Way used to give money to the Boy Scouts of America, but since the Boy Scouts--quite logically--do NOT allow homosexuals to be scoutmasters the United Way no longer funds it.

If you have the opportunity to give to the United Way DON'T!

Personally, I like to give to organizations like the BSA, Shriner's Hospitals, St Jude's and Make a Wish Foundation that have a well-proven record of low overhead/administrative costs and who maximize the amount of their donations which goes to the actual work of the organization.

Today, sparse funding goes to the sicknesses of innocent children and it is DWARFED by the enormous amount of funding that goes to benefit homos through AIDS/HIV charities. Why? Because the homos are the darlings of the Democrat party and Liberals do not favor children because they view them as burdensome. It is Liberals who favor abortion, single-parenting, gay adoptions, no-fault divorce, Jerry Springeresque popular culture and similar ideas which have had an enormous destructive impact on kids over the last 40 years.

To me, some innocent little kid dying of cancer or another malady is incredibly more deserving and worthy of my tax and private money than a person who voluntarily engaged in anal sex or IV drug use, yet those are the individuals we are HEAPING tax dollars on...but I'm just a heartless and unenlightened Conservative...

It's also a wise idea to be wise when approached by the neighborhood "volunteer fire department collection" or any such solicited charitable contributions. If you ask the solicitor how much of your money ACTUALLY goes to the organization they are soliciting for, you might be very surprised at the actual figures. In our area, one such solicitation campaign promised the volunteer fire department a whopping 20% of the funds collected. 20 dollars out of every 100 collected went to the fire department.

Many, many people are duped each year by such "fund-raising" campaigns - please don't be one of them.

I disagree with the idea that taxes in any way is charitable giving. By definition giving is voluntary if Hunterbear or others look at this as their charity they need to give beyond the required amount, add another 5% of your income to the required amount, then they would be giving. Otherwise anyone who is held up by a thug could be considered to be "giving or helping them" which would make them an accomplice. When the govt. takes it prevents that money from being given.

Back