Yoters Den Callers Caddy Review

roadkill46

Ok, here is my review of the Yoter’s Den Caller’s Caddy:

The fine folks at Yoter’s Den offered to give me one of their Caller’s Caddys to review since I had 2 big hunts coming up and they were not actually in production yet…..that is some pretty good service! So the prototype came to the house in a couple of days and I was pumped. Looking at the Caddy it is very nicely made and sturdy. No Velcro or elastic to make noise or wear out. It has a large center pocket that keeps your e call remote in and 6 additional pouches for 3 hand calls on each side. The very outer pouches are larger for large howlers or in my case, sunglasses and an extra 5 round mag for the AR. The Caddy fits very securely to your chest, I wore it a little lower, just seems a little more comfy. The neck and waist/chest/belly strap are fully adjustable. It is very comfortable and after awhile I don’t even realize that I’m wearing it.
anotherdogdownI.jpg

Bit more of a close up. green arrows are the call pockets, yellow arrows are the grommets to connect your lanyards. notice the delrin locks on the outsides of the caddy, hold it open and locked into place.
caddy2.jpg

I went and got my hand calls and the FX5 remote and made my selection as to which call would go where. Then I had to figure out what to use to secure the calls to the grommet holes that are in the neck strap, there are 2 holes per side of the neck strap to secure lanyards to. After experimenting with a bunch of 550 cord, shoe laces, etc to use, I found that I had a bunch of black badge lanyards from work, just simple lanyards with the swivel at the bottom and a clip for your badge. I took my calls out to the shop and drilled a 1/8” hole in the very end of all of them on one side. The clip then clips into the hole and you loop the lanyard through the caddy grommet and drop the call, mouth piece first into it’s slot. Once I got them all roped up, I put the caddy on and realized that the lanyards were way too long! Crap, start over, shorten them up, ok we are good now.

The hunts:

12/23 and 12/24: hooked up the Kawa Brute Force to the truck and headed out to the happy hunting grounds. While riding the quad, I intentionally left the caddy in the open position to check to make sure nothing was flopping out. Turns out that riding with the caddy open was the best way for me and I’m continuing to do so. Jump off the quad, grab gun, grab seat, grab foxpro, grab mojo and that’s it. No worries about calls falling out of pockets or clanking together. Both hunts over the holidays produced 2 dogs and 1 fox, not great but good enough for me. The Caller’s Caddy performed flawlessly and I thank Yoter’s Den for the prototype to test. They have made some changes in the new models for production but I really don’t see how they could improve on the product.

You owe it to yourself to pick up a Caller’s Caddy from Yoter’s Den. Well worth the money.

Last edited:
Great review! I've purchased a couple of custom made items from them and their work is simply outstanding in both design and workmanship!!

Back