Lee Hand Auto Primer

Originally Posted By: ericeBeing new, here comes another question.

Are there any issues priming a bunch of cartridges in advance and storing them in plastic 100 round cases?
Nope - no problems at all. Store them in the same place you were going to store your primers and don't worry a bit. Besides, primers don't even come in a sealed package....

mine broke too I wrote to harnday and bought 2 more they redesigned them and the new ones are stronger made and were cheap.

Originally Posted By: Orneryolfart357Yes, no doubt there are better priming tools available, but for price and ease of use, I still like mine. do you call 911 befor or after pulling the triger?

Last edited:
I am vary new at reloading to waiting for tax $ found a used set up all up graded elctronics tumbler every thing. Yes a bit more than I planed on. But got a friend of mine that reloads says it is more than I need for what I want to do but thats ok. I was thinking priming off the press a rock chucker is that a good way?

Mine just broke on me too, but it broke right in the middle of the paddle on the priming lever. Bad cast would be my guess? I called Lee and the lady sent me 2 new ones for free. She didn't even ask for a reciept, when I bought my hand primer, didn't even ask me to pay for them. Great customer service. Lee's # 262-673-3075
I agree with Orneryoldfart, for the price I figure I got my moneys worth but the gal over a Lee sent me 2 new thumb levers just in case I break another? It will probably out last me?

Last edited:
I too broke mine not long after I bought it, replace parts and proceeded to break again. finally bought green(rcbs) and never had problems.

Gilbert

If you keep the pivots greased they will last forever. I have one that has loaded well over 100,000 rounds and it shows no significant wear.

Jack

I have always had very good luck with the Lee priming tool. Several thousand rounds primed and nary a hitch.

Back