Lanyard for carrying my FoxPro?

Rustydog

I am looking for a company or individual who makes a good lanyard to carry my FoxPro Fury over my shoulder while moving from stand to stand. If you know where I might look, I sure would like to call them. Thanks!

Rustydog

Rustydog,
Nothing against a lanyard, they work, but a 1" wide 3-4ft NRS HD Tie-Down strap is far superior. Here are a couple reasons. You can strap your FoxPro to a tree if you want (quickly and quietly, even with gloves/mittens on). You can use it as a belt and wear the FoxPro around your waist or hip which is really comfortable and quiet. You can still sling it over your shoulder if you prefer. Easy to weave into the FoxPro Fury housing handle and doesn't slip. Go to any rafting store or kayak store in your area and ask for them, they're absolutely great. I just wish they had them in camo still. They're relatively cheap too and are tough. I painted my silver cam-lock to keep the glare down.
http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.asp?pfid=1440&deptid=1188

Rustydog,
You should send GuyWildStorm a private message.
He is from the forum here and posts his lanyards and carriers in the Custom Accessories forum. I'm sure he can make you something you will really like.
Mark

Something like this what your looking for???
4-2-09012.jpg

4-2-09010.jpg

Originally Posted By: Yotes2CallOriginally Posted By: guywildstormSomething like this what your looking for???
4-2-09012.jpg

4-2-09010.jpg

I love mine !!

top notch work !!
thumbup.gif

+1... Guy does some great work, give him a shot and you will like what you see...

I bought a 1" black nylon binocular strap, it has adjustable buckles on the end to wrap through the handle ends and tighten up. For my remote I just used a call lanyard.
I like those custom ones above also so if you buy one get it from a sponsor right here.

Just wanted to throw out another idea. I bought a camo ammo bag off of amazon.com. It is perfect. Has a large pocket area for the Foxpro and remote, plus two pockets, one with extra ammo, one with a couple hand calls, just in case. Have a nice spool of rope in the bottom too.

I think it was 12 dollars.

Thornton I have looked at the Monkey Foot but never tried one. Just havent figured out a use for that in any of the things that I make. You got something in mind????

Guy

Here's another vote for Guy's awesome lanyards -- and some pictures you might find interesting!

Here's my olive/multi flat-braid lanyard on my camo'd FoxPro Spitfire -- note how well the braid holds the call around a VERTICAL object! You do not need a horizontal branch or anything at all. The braid holds well, in a simple loop around the tree trunk. This keeps the call out of the snow or mud, makes it secure so a critter can't grab it (one can only hope to get one in so close!) and best of all -- it elevates the call for maximum performance in the field!
FoxPro_Spitfire_lanyard.jpg

Here's the same lanyard carrying my modified Mojo Critter. My MJC has a weighted base added, so it's stable and usable in all sub-freezing conditions, but it's a pain to carry in my pack, so I usually tieup on hand while carrying it around. While out today, I got the grand idea (after stowing my FoxPro in my pack) to use Guy's awesome lanyard to carry the Mojo. So I did just that, keeping the little "critter" on my front left, so I'd be sure it didn't fall off the motor shaft. But the lanyard worked slick! It only takes a few seconds to switch the lanyard loops from one to another, but after a weeks, I may decide to contact Guy for yet another lanyard. We'll see...
Mojo-Critter_lanyard.jpg

Hope these pix are helpful!

(ps: Am not related to Guy -- but am a very satisfied customer! Can't you tell?!?!)

Good huntin'!

Old No7

Back