ALyssa and I bring in our first coyote together!!!!

Switch

Well, Santa delivered a bright pink Cricket .22 rifle to Alyssa for Christmas. We've been trying to get out so she can shoot it, but we've had too many vacation plans. We finally got out today. We got a late start and made a rushed stand with no takers. I then set up some targets and we messed around with the new rifle. We had a blast and after we zeroed the scope, Alyssa was hitting stuff regulalrly at 40-plus yards. Here's a photo of her on the sticks getting use to the set up.

Allyscricket.jpg

After that we grabbed some lunch and then headed out to do some more calling. We almost didn't go out today, but I just had a feeling. We drove around and I found an excellent looking spot that I had never called before. I set her up with her chair and her ear muffs. Just before I started calling, I looked over at her and smiled and told her this was a REALLY good looking spot. She just smiled back and nodded. Not 30-seconds into the calling I see a hard charger coming in across the valley. I nudge Alyssa and stop the coyote at the same time. He's looking right into the sun at 180-yards and he has no idea it's all over. I place the crosshairs on the chest and fire the 22-250. He drops and then starts to get back up. I put another in him and he's done. After taking her whenever I could and trying so hard to get an animal in for her, it was such a relief to have her on stand and for us to get our first coyote together. She was so excited she wanted to run down the hill and drag it back.

Here's a few pics. That smile says it all.

allys1stcoyote.jpg

meandally1stcoyote.jpg

We called in another on a shotgun stand, but he buzzed in and then out before we could get on him.

A day we'll never forget.

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awesome!!!! You have yourself a hunting partner for life now. I know the feeling your having. I went out with my 5 year old son earlier in the year and called in a coyote on back to back sets and got both of them. He was pretty excited, and I was so happy I got to share that with him. He can't wait to go again.

Thanks for sharing....what great story and a great smile on her face.

Remember our first like it was yesterday. Those Crickett's are pretty good shooters too.

Wow what incredible photos. The last one with the two of you is one in a million. She will hang that one up in her dorm at college in a few years.

great job!

Thats awesome. Santa brought my son a cricket this year to.Cant wait till he is older so I can start taking him calling with me.But he is only 3

Awesome hunt. My daughter went dove hunting with me a lot this fall. She's not too in to deer hunting because she doesn't like it when I shoot a "mommy" deer. So far she hasn't shown any interest in going yote hunting like my son has. Santa brought my two, nice little recurves just like mine. We've had a blast shooting those.

Out of all the stories I read here on PM, I like these stories the best!!
Switch, congratulations to you and your daughter!!!
Thanks for sharing.
Mark

PS - I like her rifle too!
wink.gif

Back