Turkey decoy/calls for coyotes

DVXDUDE

anyone ever use their turkey decoy/calls for calling coyotes? last spring I called 7 coyotes in 5 stands while turkey hunting. Most never got close enough for the shotgun because they would wind me first but they would of been easy rifle shots 75-100 yards.

I'm wondering if I could get in trouble for using a turkey decoy/calls for coyotes. Don't wanna get charged for turkey hunting out of season.

I shot 4 dogs last year during turkey season. I took my 243 along with me with my shot gun.( perfectly legal). I think I'm going to try using my turkey calls along with my decoys if the jack in the box doesn't work...

I've seen a few from driving around in the back roads. Misjudged distances and they would stop for me. I tried baiting with deer, rabbit and sheep parts. They seem to come at night and eat everything. Not gonna do that anymore. Let them starve.

How about you?? Much Luck....

I went out this morning and made three stands. Had 2 singles first two stands. FIrst stand I set up about 200 yards behind my house were a deer was killed by coyotes about a week ago. Set up my turkey decoy and play some real fast cuts and clucks with the boxcall and I had a hard charger after 15 seconds of calling. I tried giving him the WHOOP but he didnt stop until he was 2 yards from the decoy (25 yards from me) and stupid me I had the rifle on 12x zoom and couldnt get him in the scope fast enough, no shot taken

next stand I had a coyote running for the downwind at 200 yards and I howled once and he stopped dead and I shot right under him!!! never got another shot

kicking myself, should of had both!!!!

Went out this morning and got a 45lbs male. Finally.Glad to hear those turkey decoys worked well for ya. I've done that a couple of times with my scope too. Seen many coyotes this evening just driving around.

Back