Tikka t3 light!

lunchbox

Im interested in gettin a new tikka t3 light in 223 was hoping they had smaller cals though and im not converting it. but if you tikka owners fill me in on them such as accuracy and price ranges and of coarse PIX WELCOME! it be greatly apperciated

I have one in 243 and love it.Accuracy for the .223 is good to great.Dick's has them in the spcial order book Lite/Blue $499 and the lite/stainless $599 shop around.They have a 70 degree bolt and a great trigger.Do a search u will find plenty of good info.

I've got a T3 in 22-250. Accurate (more so than I am) not too bad to carry all day and apart from a problem with the sling stud pulling out from having a bipod on it I've never had a problem with it, doesn't let me down, even when it's so cold I can't feel my face. I paid around $800 in that play money we use up here, probably cheaper down there.

I have the T3 Light in .223 and it is right behind my Remington 600 6mm as far as favorite guns goes. If I buy another rifle it will be a Tikka. I absolutely love mine!

Moosetrot

I have a Tikka 22-250 varmint and it is a very nice gun. I know they make a 204 and I believe Scheels sporting goods has them instock most of the time. Im not sure if you have a Scheels by you but I do know they will ship to a local FFL.

A buddy just got a T3 lite SS to shoot the 62gr Barnes. After working up a load with Varget he shot a group that measured .315. The ergonomics on these rifles are super and for a carry rifle are hard to beat for the price. It does appear like the popularity is catching on as the price seems to be climbing.

I have a 22-250 t3 lite and it is a nail driver.It seems to shoot the cheap winchester value pack 45gr jhp ammo that u pick up at wal-mart extremely well. Never handloaded for it, didn't figure I needed to.

They dont leave the factory unless they shoot 3 into one inch. They come with rings but the best choice of rings for them is Talley light weight rings. I just bought one in a 30-06 and its very nice.

I bought a T-3 Lite in 243 Winchester this fall. I installed a DNZ one piece mounting system on it and adjusted the trigger to lighten it a bit. It really likes the Federal 80 gr factory load, inch groups at 200 yards. This should do well on windy winter days.

Recently purchased a Lite in 22-250. It is great! Just saw them at Sports Authority (not sure if you have them in your area?) on sale for $449.

Get it. It'll shoot better than you do.

Mine's a .30-06, but the next one is going to be a .243 wolf whacker.

Ditto on swapping out the scope rings. I put Warnes on mine.

Oh yeah......A Limbsaver recoil pad is a good idea. In heavier calibers they do tend to be meat tenderizers.

I have a 22-250 Tikka Varmint and a 243 T3 Lite; both are extremely accurate and great guns. IMO, can't be beat; best price/accuracy gun available! Buy it.

Great info fellas thank u! and i just saw one in .204 i might try and pick up. i have a rem 22 250 already and wouldnt mind tryin out the .204

I bought a .270 T3 Lite, at an end-of season sale (459). It's well made and accurate. A little too light (6.2 pounds), for comfortable shooting at the range. But, great for hiking when deer hunting. If you plan on long range sooting, you may want to check-out the heavier (T3 Hunter or Varmint) Model.

Last edited:
Kzone, the Dick's near me said Tikkas are not in their book. Which one did you go to? I can't find 1 for under $600 near me w/ a blued barrel.

Back