110 grain v-max .308 . need load

I load 100 to 130 grain bullets. I us win 748 from 46 to 50 grains of powder and have great luck with them. I have remington 700ltr with 20 inch barrel.I really like 125tnt bullets they do wonders on anything

For 110 gr. bullets I have found 46.0 gr. of IMR 3031 works very well with Win. brass and Fed. 210M primer. Another load that works well in my rifles is 49.3 gr. of IMR 4895 again with Fed. 210M primers in Win. brass. Other powders that should work well is N135, Benchmark, and H335. But...........+1 on the Speer TNT's! Been the 110 gr. route in the 308 Win. and the 125 gr. bullet class is the way to go. The Nosler 125 B.T. is another great bullet with a good B.C. I use 46.3 gr. of N135 with either bullet. Another great powder is 748. Both of my 308's like 51.3 gr. Accuracy runs in the .4's to .5's with both loads at around 3150 fps from a 24" barrel.

The 125's are one of my go to loads for windy day coyote loads. The buck wind pretty well, and are a coyote hammer! I have killed deer with the 125 Nosler B.T. and none went over 20 yards.

PaPa 260

thanks .. i belive i have some 4895 out here, any prolbems with bullet seating ..so the 125 work on deer . a nother question would the 110 vmax work on deer its basiclly a .243 with a bigger bullet and a little faster ..would it go through a shoulder and out the other . any adivce

Last edited:
It really isn't a 243 with a bigger bullet a little faster. The 30 caliber 110 says VMax it is a varmint bullet, the 100 gr. class of 6mm bullets are designed for game . Since the 110 VMax and the 125 TNT are varmint bullets, and I would try nothing but neck or head shots on deer, they are fragile bullets.

In talking to Nosler ballistic tech's the 125 was designed for single shot pistols as a game bullet. At 308 velocities the 125 Nosler MIGHT get through the shoulders but I wouldn't try it. I would stay with the broadside double lung shot with it. With the broadside double lung shot they have all exited on the 5 deer I have killed with them.

There are no problems with bullet seating, just stay with what the manuals suggest for seating depths to start with and move toward the rifling from there. My rifles shoot them very well at manual listed seating depth.

Hope this helps some.

PaPa 260

ok . weight weight wise of the bullet and stuff it is like a .243 but thats what i was asking f it would work. i know its a varmint bullet .

Like I said I would take only head or neck shots with the 110 Vmax or the 125 TNT. The 125 Nosler is a little tougher and does work for broadside double lung shots.

PaPa 260

ok thanks.. im going to ask another stuip question ...my .308 is a little heavy for lugging around in the woods(10 pounds). i seen a nice used remington 700 in .243 with looked like a 24inch barrel and it had like a dull stainless finsh on it for 420.its like half the weight of my sps tactial. inside the wood i shoot no farther then 150yrds but in the field i can hit up to 400yrds . what would be the top range on a .243 for deer

I have had no problem with Whitetail at and just beyond 400yds with my .243 Win.....Including two which were beyond 200 lbs.
John

i shot a 8 point buck with 110 vmax in 30-06 at obout 80 yards right in the shoulder and out the outher side it went about 20 yards and fell worked good i think

When I started using the .243, I used several different bullets. One for crows,one for turkeys, one for deer.....But after a while I got lazy. I now only use the 100gr. Sierra SBT over 49.5grs Retumbo, Lapua case and Fed 210 primer. This bullet has worked very well for me on deer. It does well on yotes as well, just don't expect fur friendly.

If you try to duplicate this load, the bullet needs to be seated way out. It works well in my Savage but not in my Remington.
John

Back