Old Circe Calls-What are they worth?

littletoes

Went 'yote hunting with a friend, and he brings the calls he used as a kid....original wood Circe, stickers in great shape.

I told him them calls were too rare to use....he should put them up.

I got a grainey pic with my cell, but it doens't do them justice.
What would you say they are worth guys???

Circecalls.jpg

I have one of those. Ain't hangin it up though, sounds better than half the new stuff I bought. Got it from my dad 10 years ago and haven't stopped tinkerin with it since.

Last edited:
I'm still using an old Weems Wildcall that's in pretty decent shape. Why would someone want to hang a call up when it's old? If it still works, use it!

Daryl

BTW-Here's an equally "grainy" picture from my cell phone:

cid__1230091223.jpg

Read about Jay, didn't know he was a member here! Now ain't that a small world?

Don't mind seeing folks use old "stuff", I'm of the mind that they should be used if your a mind too, only these were his Dad's calls too, and I hate to see something with history getting ruined.

But I will say, and to be honest, just 'cause this stuff is old, don't make it better!
wink.gif

As I've read, right now we are in the "hay-day" of predator calls, with more options, and higher quality than ever before. Not that the old stuff don't work, it sure will, but I'll buy him a couple of new ones if he'll put them other ones in a frame, and think of his Dad!

Quote:I'll buy him a couple of new ones if he'll put them other ones in a frame, and think of his Dad!

That Weems call is the first call I ever had, given to me by my dad way back when, and he used it some before that.

I think of him every time I use it, and I'm not planning on ruining it. I've called and killed a whole lot of critters using that call.

Daryl

If they have been used already I don't see how using them carefully will hurt there value unless you blow them out, The guts to them are probably the same as modern day Circe although I am just guessing. I have a wood circe like the one in the photo and I have replaced the metal reed a couple of time.

I would use them.

Back