rebarrel 300wsm

foxx

I have a win mod 70 coyote 300wsm rifle, heavey stainless barrel.,laminated stock.never been shot,bought it on a close out,can't use hi power centerfire for big game in this area, got a idea of rebarrel it,What cal. can be mated to the action and bolt? interested in making up a varmit rig.????? thx TIM

Well with that particular bolt face you are obligated to a short mag cartridge of some kind unless it would be possible to get a different bolt and for a good gunsmith to install it to the action then you would have lots of possibilites.

Sometimes a good deal, isn't.

I doubt it would be just the bolt swap. I would wonder if there would be feedrail issues if dropping down to a smaller cartridge? But I'm no gunsmith.

I'll take it to a gunsmith,Alhmans gunsmithing,morristown.minnesota.they do all kinds of rebarrel guns ,check them out.u can find them with a google search,thanks everybody for the input.also,the area i live in is a shotgun or handguns only for biggame hunting.no centerfire arms,the reason i bought it because new in box for$359.95 on sale and to use it out west,but i use my 7mm mag. instead. thx tim

Should be able to use existing bolt if rebarreled to a 223 wssm or 243 wssm as they have the same case head dimensions. Then modify the mag well for the shorter OAL. Good luck.
thumbup1.gif
RR

+1 What Roadrunner said, that will work fine. If you can use a center fire for varmints (coyotes) and don't want to rebarreel and if you want to see coyote destruction use a 125 gr Nosler B.T. on top of 75.0 to 75.8 gr. of H4350 in Win. brass with a Fed 215M primer. Runs 3560 fps out my buddies Win. Coyote chambered in 300 WSM. Shoots consistent 5 shot groups in the .5's and .6's. NOT fur friendly! Talk about paint the snow that load will do it!

PaPa 260

Back