dog breed advice

Buy one of those curs from Devin and I think you'll be set... If you get the female, get her spayed. With all the neighbor dogs running loose, you'll surely have a litter of mongrel pups before long.

Originally Posted By: A DanaOriginally Posted By: Devin69Originally Posted By: A Dana Devin.......pretty lucky guy to get to mess with all them different dogs.

Andy Ha, Byron's buddy Andy? Shouldn't you be over messing with larry? lol

NO, not me.

i'm just an old horseshoer with [beeep] cur dogs that catch a lion once in a while when they get bored on deer....

I find it remarkable how many differnet lines, breeds, strains of dogs you have experience with. Ok you go by Horshur on the other board?

Originally Posted By: mikegrangerCurs are extremely family oriented.
+1. We have had our Sandy for six years,and she has been nothing but good! She just recently had pups,and they are also great.
smile.gif

Here she is.
3916682785_eae7cae791_m.jpg

And here are some of her pups.
4095161009_be75a2962c_m.jpg

4090174686_60b3bc5ba8_m.jpg

Ben
wink.gif

I got 2 mountain curs from Dasher, have a friend that has one as well, best dogs I have EVER been around PERIOD! They are a family dog, cow dog, decoy dog, retriever dog, trick dog, just about anything dog! I do admit my dogs are with me every waking moment, they are hard headed sometimes but most dogs can be. They are short haired so they dont leave fur balls all over. Both my dogs LOVE kids to death.

Lucas

I would have to say a cur would be better for you. I have never owned one, but I do own a couple Jagds and I can say they are not going to be your best bet with cats. Mine hates anything with fur, but other dogs are ok. They are very hard headed, and have a lot of drive in them. I am not sure about curs, you may be able to get them used to cats??

Tim

Back