Anyone use a mouse squeaker?

Mapes

I just got a mouse squeaker for a christmas gift and was wondering if anybody uses them?I already have it mounted on my rifle.I used velcro so i can switch it from gun to gun.
Thanks guys

I have called coyotes and foxes with just them. If you see a coyote out in a field and can get within a couple of hundred yards, just use the squeaker. It is amazing how far they can hear it if it is calm.

When calling tight areas I will sometimes start with the coaxer for a few minutes before I go to the big calls.

I like them for foxes more than any other call in cover.

You can also sometimes bring in a held up coyote when you switch to a coaxer. It is weird, they will often come at a run toward a coaxer even after they get suspicious.

I start almost every stand with one. Its a great stand starter on a foggy morning as fog cuts your noise coming into an area . I have had many many coyotes come in to the squeaker that would not come to a call.They love high pitched noises and sometimes seem they just cant resist it . I slipped mine over the top of my sticks , that way your not moving the gun, just place it between your index and thumb of the hand holding the sticks .

I called in a coyote yesterday using only a squeaker and a horn from a Hot Dog. I just popped the insert out of the squeaker and used it like a regular call and blew into the horn so it was louder. I usually keep it stuck to the side of my rifle but was tryin' to think outside the box.

You'll love it Mapes. I use mine more than anything else, although that might change since I got a Syco Tweety for Christmas. One trick I do is to squeeze it behind my back and into my pantleg to muffle the sound to keep a dog guessing and encourage him to keep coming.

We got this big red last week using a squeaker-

FoxPic003.jpg

Bought an electronic squeaking rat back before Halloween for the kids with the intentions of cutting the electronics out and using it for a coaxer. Sounds pretty decent after I cut the wires for the flashing red eyes off the board.

Originally Posted By: TNyoteboyBought an electronic squeaking rat back before Halloween for the kids with the intentions of cutting the electronics out and using it for a coaxer. Sounds pretty decent after I cut the wires for the flashing red eyes off the board.
Now that's funny!

thanks guys.I hope to be able to lure one in close using it.I tried the other night but my whole night was a bust..

Originally Posted By: redeyeddawg
FoxPic003.jpg

Well redeyeddawg, here all this time I thought that was your picture in your avatar!

Just kidding....Have a safe and happy New Year!

Originally Posted By: 4949shooterOriginally Posted By: redeyeddawg
FoxPic003.jpg

Well redeyeddawg, here all this time I thought that was your picture in your avatar!

Just kidding....Have a safe and happy New Year!

The avatar is my other brother Darrell.

Back