Varget powder

Have you checked Jerrys Sports in GJ? They have had a good selection of powder the last couple of times I have been in there. And Sportsmans actually had a full shelf of powder last week when I was in there. Dont know about Varget though.

Guy

Dont feel bad i have been looking as well i found some on gunbroker but they want 185.00 up to 225.00 plus 35.00 to 40.00 for shipping on a 8 LB keg. I just cant see any one paying that for it. I would say thats why it is still there.

Yeah, Varget is still on the market, but it's GREAT in so many applications that it is often hard to find. The current powder hoarding
grin.gif
shortage surely doesn't help.

Keep looking and you'll find an adequate supply.

I use the Varget in the .223, 6BR, 7X51 and the wonderful 7SGLC. I don't currently own a .308, but if I did I highly suspect I'd be shooting Varget in it.

GREAT Powder.

Steve Timm

Don't recall what the old Sportmans is now named. In any case, no Varget. As a matter of fact, no rifle powders at all in stock. Fortunately I have a few pounds of Varget stashed, along with Bench, 335 and BLC-2.

Originally Posted By: 35WDDon't recall what the old Sportmans is now named. In any case, no Varget. As a matter of fact, no rifle powders at all in stock. Fortunately I have a few pounds of Varget stashed, along with Bench, 335 and BLC-2.

Last time I was in the old Sportsman's in Bend they were getting quite a bit of powder. I don't remember what they call it now either. Bi Mart in Madras is getting in quite a bit and a lot of Win primers.

Wish our Walley World sold reloading supplies. They don't have any guns any more. What ammo they have is way over priced and in very small quantities. Thank goodness for a few independant gun shops that sell reloading supplies in the area. Gander has some supplies, but as we all know, they too are way over priced on EVERYTHING.

Our local sport shop has all kinds of it for 25.00 a lb. Not much of anything else though. And still no primers unless you want 205's

I can't find it anyhere around here at all either. It's all I use in my 6MM. I am working on my last 50 loaded right now. I would ike to have some loaded up. Guess I wi have to wait.

Well for what it's worth, the 1 Lb containers of Varget are extinct in So Calif and even tough to find in Arizona. I'm up in the High Desert area of SO Cal and stopped in at my local Gun/Reloading Store this morning. The owner just got ONE - 8 lbs container of Varget in yestedray and put it on his shelf just before opening this morning. He said the one 1lbs containers and Varget in general is getting tougher to find anywhere. That 8 lb container is now safely tucked away in my safe and I ought to have enough to last me through most of 2010.

Back