Traded 2 coyotes for this..

now see i would have to take the double but not by choice bye cercumstances since i dont have any cat tags so i would have to settle with the coyotes anyways that is one beautiful cat you got yourself there

Thanks for the many nice comments.

To answer a few questions. I didn't mount or rug him, I decided to case skin him for tanning and use as decor in my man room (I already have 2 bobcats / bear rugs on the wall, and the only wall space available is awaiting a mt lion rug, that I have yet call in and kill). The picture doesn't do him justice. He was a beautiful fat cat.

Unlike my old stomping ground in Arizona, Utah is different when it comes to bobcats, a very limited season, you are limited to a max of 4 bobcat tags and need a fur bearers license. I've got a couple tags left and look to fill them in January. When I'm hunting, unless it's a particular big and colored cat, I let them go. I hunt coyotes as a passion, bobcats are a bonus pleasure and not hunted for the fur trade or to make money. Heck every time I kill one it seems to cost me money in taxidermy fees.

I used a jackrabbit distress call on a CS24 to call him and his freinds, he and 2 coyotes trotted right in and had a stare off for a minute or two until I decided to pull the trigger. btw I have been using varmint grenades with outstanding results on coyotes and bobcats. Aspirin size entry wounds--DRT, that's it. No fur damage at all.

Someone mentioned it looked cold. "Cold" is a understatement, -2 degrees at sunrise.

Anyway, good hunting to all. Hope all had a Merry Christmas

AP

Back