Pics of Devin69's pups

another cat tonight

Pepper got a tooth in this one

IMG_0967.jpg

stay after them
Kelly

Ryan, have you weighed your Devin pup? Mine is big boned and weighs 22 lbs. I've heard that you can double a pups weight when they are 4 months old and that is how much they will weigh when grown. Hope it works out that way.
Larry

well i just weighed them, amos, the pup from devin is 31 pds, moses, my little grey pup is 23 pds. i was hoping amos wouldnt get over about 35 or 40 but he is really big boned, i think moses will be smaller but their both going to get a hair bigger then i was hoping but they should still work for what i want i think

I like a 35 to 40 lb dog too.
The "double the 4 month weight" formula might not work on cross bred pups. If Amos doubles his weight, he will be bigger than his mother Liz. I think she weighs about 45 to 50 lbs. We raised a litter from Liz and my stud Rebel (50 lbs.) and they are all about 45 to 50 lb. dogs.

We don't own a scale, but I'd say that Dixie is right in that weight range, as well. She has plenty of knuckle and foot to grow into still, as well.

The one thing I did notice is that she has some serious grit. Even though she's just a pup, she's already established her pecking order above our pitbull. I would expect that everyone else is going to see it from this litter.

Tony

Back