Coyote Hide and Tug and a little gunfire

gonzaga

I started training Tug today pulling a coyote hide and we eventually introduced some gunfire(blanks).

Here is where I started firing blanks to see what he would do. It didn't even phase him at all and hardly payed any attention to it.

Trophy shot of Tug and his coyote hide:
DSCF0019.jpg

He is already tearin in to em'!..

thats awsome.

Now Just need to let him grow up a bit and get some live action under his belt
smile.gif

He's doing very well. Keep making it fun for him. That's the same way I used to start greyhound pups a number of years ago. Finally had to switch to using a 4 wheeler, when they got older. Looks like the kids are having fun with it too. Good development for Tug and them.

When Gunner got 3-4 months, I switched to shooting cottontails and jackrabbits with the 22 and letting him chase them. He still enjoys it very much and will catch a jackrabbit on his own now.

Keep it up. I'll have you over this spring to work the dogs together and see if we can get some coyotes in front of them, if you'd like.

Tony

good job richie, you should take tony up on that, tug will be just right in the late spring, cleo and gunner were born about the same time and i took them with me by march and by may cleo was getting chewed on about everyday, i just kept a close eye on her, but the pairs sure teach them to come back that time of the year

I definately will Tony, I would love to see them work together.
Any tips that you guys could give me I would really appreciate it.

nice going man, I am still trying to get a coyote, since I got my pup, I've had a string of bad luck when it comes to calling in coyotes.

Back