Oh Well

Dustballs

Well we got back into town at about 1000 from being gone for Christmas. It was a beautiful day. I knew it probably wasnt the best time of day but I had to go. I made five dry stand and didnt even see a coyote. I was headn back in and I spotted a coyote crossing a field. I took a shot and swore he was hit in a back leg. Instead of taking another shot I messed up. Well not really I let the dogs out and they were on the chase. Of course they went right into the sun and I lost sight of the coyote and the two dogs. I was trying to cut them off and I dont know if they quit the track or the coyote made a circle. I finally spotted them and they were about 1.5 miles the opposite direction that I last saw them.Zipper is not quite fast enough to catch a healthy coyote. But he isnt very far behing them if one slips up he will be on it.
Zipper coming back and Kiya lagging behing
PICT0155.jpg
PICT0156.jpg

So we get headed back and I look up on a ridge and see a coyote peeking over the top. We hustled up the hill and tried to call it in. We never saw it again. I didnt figure we would but I tried. Zipper and Kiya on its track.This is full zoom on my camera I need one with a bigger zoom.Even though it didnt end with a kill it was good to get out and let the dogs work.
PICT0157.jpg

Back