11 Today

vargy49

I left this morning around 6 and drove 45 mins and picked my son up and then drove 30 mins and met up with Reddog.
Jason couldnt go. We drove 45 mins to a guys barn that was pose to be loaded with coon.
We get there and it only had about 10 bales of straw in it
frown.gif

Well there happened to be a 5 lb coon in the 10 bales!! LOL
Drove back to Reddodgs stopped at a farm that had a bunch of out buildings.
There was 4 coons home there and one of those got away.
Casey was locating in some junk and My boy Josh just happened to look in a role of snow fence and his face was about 4 inches from a coon in the roll!! LOL
Got the 3 critters loaded and checked another barn and the dogs located right away. One of Reddogs pups was down below in the straw giving somthing a hard time.
Between moving the loose straw and trying to get Terriers out of our way so we could did we found her attached to a Grinner!!
We moved to a old house and went up stairs. Josh opened a attic door and game was on. There was 3 in there but the dogs only got one. The other 2 went in the wall.
We got the 3 coons taken care of and Joshn looked in another part of the attic and 4 more. we ended up with 8 in the house.
67 coons for the season.

SKICW-11@Jason.JPG

Vargy

ajgunner
When the heat gets turned on I am usally so busy trying to get to the little dogs to help them out. Dont get me wrong they can do a fine job handling them selfs but they take a of punishment when in tight quarters with a 25 lb plus coon.
The sooner I get to the dogs the less damage they get and I can hunt them more and sooner. Like last night my Copper male got down deep in the straw with a big boar coon. It took us over 15 mins of moving bales to get to him. The bottom of his jaw looked pretty ruff in that 15 mins.
I have some older pics of diff barns and houses it you want to see what it is like.
Pics that some of the other friends took.

Vargy

I have been checking your posts since last year. That one trashy house you posted up last year was AWESOME!!! Just the photos tell the story. Without those pics I would almost have to call BS.
Too bad someone has not come up with a hound that can do the same thing with skunks. I know I have at least 4 or more residing under 2 of my out buildings. After 6 years we quit counting at 40. Live trap then lead poisoning. My local coyote pack loves them but won't touch a opossum. With chickens around the skunks just keep coming back. Pretty sure they also take a huge toll on the quial we used to have around.

It never ceases to amaze me what a dog is capable of doing with the right mix of training, brains, and courage. Those little dogs sure know how to get it done. That has got to be a blast.

Back