Replacing Ruger M77 Trigger

I filed to much off on a ruger 77-17 trying to install a timney trigger. Had to put it back in the factory stock and send it back into ruger. Big pain good thing was ruger did not charge me to fix it. But they will replace any none factory part with a factory part so don`t leave any custom stuff in, or on the gun. Again big pain, I would only buy drop in replacement trigger or send rifle to timney and let them install it. Ruger will not send out any part by ordering it that needs fitted, so you can not buy the safety and try again. This means you have to send it in, so if you screw it up......Big Pain.

Originally Posted By: Shynloco So which trigger assembly would it need? Thx

Shynloco

This might help.

Three position safty..
http://eabco.com/RU-R_RU-MKII_Instructions.pdf

Tang safty.
http://eabco.com/RU-T_Instructions.pdf

These are from E. Arthur Brown's site. They are great company that sells the Rifle Basix (no filing necessary) triggers for conciderably less than most vendors..
As stated above "if you have the Tang Safty M77 just get the sear" because the old triggers are fully adjustable. Unfortunatly, I'm pretty sure you have the newer 77..

Your Welcome
smile.gif

Charlie

I know what you mean and appreciate the comment. I bought a 30-06 for one of my sons during the early 90's and that one has the newer three position safety. Actually I never use the safety, but understand why guys that do hunting need to have and use a reliable one. What amazes me is the number of guys who are willing to take a file to their guns and do their own adjusting. Guess I just don't have confidence for messin with a weapon as I've seen some really dumb stunts pulled over the years. For peace of mind, I'd gladly pay a gunsmith to do any adjusting on a weapon of mine, but actually haven't had much adjusting done, except when I bough a new M77 22-250 Target rifle. Bought it from a local gunstore and the owner builds rifles on the side and does alot of that 1000 yd shootin stuff. He worked the stock trigger for me and got it down to around 10 ozs for me cause I hate that stock trigger pull on Ruger's. They're about horrible when they're stock. Almost feels like a Mule Train being pulled!

Next time you come to Phoenix you can stop by Timneys' offices, they used to install right then and there but I wouldn't know about that anymore but you can type timney and go right to the site. $109 on a mkII

Hey Thx Don,
Thats sounds like the ticket on the 30-06 because that trigger is like pullin a Mule Train. That price is sweet as well. My son will be here tomorrow so I might just have him take back to Phoenix with him and have it done. Appreciate the info. And I was just kidding about the "Trouble maker" comment. Thought that darn "all day long" sttuff would never end...lol!

as far as filing on the old or any new triggers, the old tang safteys need only the wood inletted for after market triggers no metal filing is needed as i am aware of i used to send my tangs out to a smith to have them installed until i found the sears on midway for about 30 bucks 3 minute drop in part Ron

Back