what affordable 223??

The 10fp that I sold last year was THE most accurate gun I've ever owned or shot anywhere. I'm still kicking myself for selling that gun. At 100 yards I shot multiple groups in the .2's and .3's with it, and averaged in the .5's and .6's when I did my part. I don't know if all 10fp's are this accurate, but my bud that I sold it to knows that I'd buy it back in the snap of a finger if he ever wants to unload it.

The Weatherby will have the worst trigger, the Tikka will have the best.
The Savage may edge the Tikka for accuracy.
The Tikka will operate the smoothest.
The Savage will be homely but loyal.
The Tikka will easily have the best resale.
Tikka magazine is spendy unless you get it on special.

Originally Posted By: nitisget your self a stevens 200 a can of krylon and the scope of your choice!

That will get it done! Affordable, accurate, reliable. What's to not like? The trigger. After market triggers are readily available and dirt simple to replace. Problem solved.

Fitch

Last edited:
Lots of great suggestions here.
I can't recommend one over another.
But, I do have a Vanguard in 223 that is VERY accurate. However, as mentioned, the trigger wasn't anything to write home about. So, I installed a Rifle Basix trigger, and now have a very fine rifle; 3 shots into less than 1/2" at 100 yards.
If I was buying new today, I would consider every one mentioned on this thread.

Merry Christmas..

Martyn

Tikka or Savage. Consider the weight though too, the 10 FP is a bull barrel and considerably more heavy than a sporter barrel. I have a Savage with a bull barrel, and its a great rifle, also a tikka T3 lite.. Love em both.

stevens +4. Just get a replacement trigger and scope and you are set. I tried adjusting the stock trigger but when I got to where I wanted it I had slam rifles when cycling the bolt. A rifle basix trigger was the solution and I could not be happier. Took it prarie dog hunting in september and was very happy with the accuracy.

I think you shouldn't have to buy a gun knowing that you need to fix the trigger (vanguard and stevens) But are the savage and tikka more money?

Back