Coyotes kill woman in Cape Breton

I'm new to the fourm,but I figured I would put my two cents in. Always pay attention to your to what is going around you. Second,if they think a knife would help,a s$w judge would be better if the person was properly trained. This is why we have to push for the right to carry is ALL federal,state,and local parks. Just my two cents. Oh ya shoot my yotes too!

what if instead of a coyote you get a bear or moutain lion on you. Youd need some good rambo skills to kill something that big pinning you down with a knife. and while its latched onto your head i think bear spray would be useless.

I have said often that much of our wildlife, especially predators, is getting WAY too used to not being threatened by humans.

There have been many reports of coyotes in the suburbs trying to carry off infants and toddlers. They already make regular prey of household pets. This is because they get used to being unmolested in those areas.

Most of the time, when a human is boldly attacked by a predator, it is because the predator has sized up the situation and determined that there is little risk and a high reward. I travel in areas pretty well populated with various predators without much worry because I know my mannerisms (how I conduct myself in the wilderness) do not make me look like easy prey.

It isn't easy to educate an entire continent of people about the realities of wildlife especially when 90% of them grew up watching the cute cuddly Disney type depictions of animal behavior.

Terrible!! Tragedy but she shouldn't have been hiking by herself. Every outdoors man or woman should be properly equipped when out in the mountains.

Back