sounds per stand

I switch sounds up. I start with rabbit distress for 6-7 mins or so, then switch to some howling and puppy yips for a while. Lately, I've been starting with howling and been getting better responses, as the coyotes seem paired up already this year.

I don't go hog wild on switching sounds, but if nothing is coming in, you've got nothing to lose on trying a different sound, pitch, cadence, or species.

Tony

well, honestly i basiclly use just one call, sometimes two. i dont really get the chance to switch too much becuase almost every coyote ive called in has came in in less than 3-4 minutes. but ive heard bobcats are different though, they might stay in the brush for awhile and just watch. if the coyote doesnt commit to the call and it just stays back and watches or turns to go away, then i will defianlty switch it to a different sound to try and get his attention and perk his interest.

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbeI switch sounds up. I start with rabbit distress for 6-7 mins or so, then switch to some howling and puppy yips for a while. Lately, I've been starting with howling and been getting better responses, as the coyotes seem paired up already this year.

I don't go hog wild on switching sounds, but if nothing is coming in, you've got nothing to lose on trying a different sound, pitch, cadence, or species.

Tony

Tony, I have been noticing a ton of pairs, And have been howling a bit more this early.. good observation I agree.

tt2.gif

Last edited:
Back