bobcats

kasper2254

hi, ive got a game camera out on a game trail and ive gotten some pictures of a bobcat walking through a few times and ive also seen the bobcat in person near that same area. i use a foxpro caller. i was wondering what the best calls were to call in a bobcat. ive been trying just a cottontail distress call but havent had any luck. any opinion would help, thanks. aslo, i have a bobcat in heat call on my caller, does anybody know when the bobcat mating season is??

Is there any cat toilets nearby? And make sure to pay close attention they like to stay hidden in the brush. I don't know about the bobcat in heat but try a busy high pitched call a decoy seems like it would help them come out so you can see them! I wish you didn't need a tag for cats in Utah!

Question I've got is are you calling non stop with the caller or running thirty second or minute loops with the caller. I've better luck just letting it run. Seems like the cats get bored when not calling continously. Got to keep their attention. Got to remember that cats do roam abit so don't get discouraged if there is no response right off. Keep working the area eventually that cat will show. The cottontail call works just fine for me. It could be that the cat is not in that area at the time. Just my 2 cents but hope it helps some.

Back