MN day or night?

243rem

do you mn guys have any luck during the day or do you hunt at night?

I went out monday morning and this morning saw lots of sign but no luck calling anything.

saw lots of spots where they have been digging through the snow and tearing up the dirt and grass and pissing in the area. what are they doing?

Most guys in my area will say very limited succes during the day. But you never know. I've called in more just before dark then I have in the morning. But I'm sure it varies with other guys.

now im just to oposite, the only ones ive called in during the day were in the morning. still havent gotten one to come in before dark.

I haven't had any calling luck.

But each of the last 2 weeks I've had 3 coyote photos on my trail cams. 3 day time and 3 night time.

I have my best percentage of coyotes that show to stands called at night. Hands down. That's not to say I don't kill any or call during daylight hours but my coyotes that show percentage goes down.

I've called and had coyotes show up at just about every hour on the clock. From first light to noon time and at last night. Daylight hunting is more challenging as you have to really put your time into scouting and find the coyotes and then make a flawless approach to your stand where as at night you have some leeway due to darkness and the coyotes being more active at night.

If you are trying to call coyotes during daylight hours that are heavily called and hunted, you will have your work cut out for you. Try finding an area to hunt that has less pressure and your odds of seeing a coyote in the day time will go up.

Coyotes are a numbers game and the best time to call is whenever you have the time to get out.

For what it's worth in ND my best luck seems to be from noon on but it's not the same here in MN.

Tim

Best luck I have had is at night time for sure..
smile.gif
However I have also called them in day time best in the morning or right before the sun goes down... Good luck to all...
smile.gif

I too have waaaay better sets to animals called in ratio when calling at night. In MN at least. The animals Day/Night activity is dictated by the amount of human activity in the area you hunt IMO.

Also watch for extreme temp drops and snow storms. You'll want to hunt the 24 or so hours leading up to a heavy snow storm and hunt before and durring extreme temp drops. The colder the better. 15 to 20+ below zero? I can only hope
thumbup.gif

In ND I hunt all day long with most success early morning and again after noon.

Form what I have seen, it is more the traffic on the roads and sled trails. That play a big roll on day time calling I have had some luck going way back off the roads and noise. But for the most part I call at night. If I go to a differnt area and I'm board I will go out during the day. Yote hunting is just the luck of the draw right time and right place in MN due to the amount of traffic, hunting pressuer and size of land. If you can find some good cover and big land off the beaten path you can do better
Good luck hunting

it seems the closer to the metro you get the better night calling gets. I have had more luck in the late afternoon up here in the north woods.

I havent hunted at night yet. And i went out twice, the monday and tuesday before christmas. I went out from sunrise till about 2 to places where farmers have seen coyotes recently. I didnt see or hear a single coyote. Anyone out there hunt southwest of hibbing at all? I need some tips!

Back