Calling in mountain lions

Hutch218

I just moved to Spokane, WA and after spending a bit of time up in the mountains and talking to other outdoorsmen in the area, I found out that there are A LOT of mountain lions in eastern Washington and northern Idaho. I can also get a tag pretty cheap too. So I was thinking, I would really like to shoot one. But I definitely don't want to use hounds or anything like that. How hard would it be to call in a mountain lion? Have any of you guys done it before? Any advice would be appreciated, I just want some basic info.

Thanks,
Matt

First order of business is to find one. If you find a kill that's fairly fresh, stake it out. It will come back. Also if you find a area where there's always sign, you could set up and call conventionally. I've called them in with distress sounds.

Last edited:
PM Sent, Matt.

Welcome to WA! You're in a GREAT spot to chase Lions! Just READ THE REGS!!! They've gotten NUTS just this year.

Learn your areas and read the pamphlet accordingly. The only way you can do it, otherwise it's just deep fried Chaos on a stick!

Originally Posted By: BUSCHYKeep your eyes peeled or you'll be making your own distress calls..

LOL.. you cracked me up on that one

Back