Burris AR P.E.P.R. Mounts

dzlfarmboy

Just recieved my new Burris AR 1 piece mounts, seem to be built very well and should put the scope where it needs to be. Now I just need my scope & gun.

IMG00036.jpg

I recently purchase one as well. I think for the $ it's probably the next best thing to a LaRue (of course LaRue is in a whole other class).

I got one for my Dad for X-mas. I need to get one for myself. I just have standard rings on my R-25, It is hard to get to my charging handle.

I've had two of them now, and have a third sitting on the bench in the man cave waiting on my new upper and scope. I really like them, great mount IMHO for the $$$.

Originally Posted By: sparky13I got one for my Dad for X-mas. I need to get one for myself. I just have standard rings on my R-25, It is hard to get to my charging handle.

A Tac-Latch will take care of that problem.

I got to pick one up. I did order a couple of the cheapo $34.00 1" one piece jobs J&G Sales had on there site.

I'll see how the J&G mounts go.

I've never bought from SWFA, I thought I read where somebody had some issues w/ them? I recently ordered one from optics planet and it was about $75. They easy to deal w/ best I remember.
Back to the point, they do work! If you go the whole 9yds when setting up a new rifle ie breaking the barrel in, lapping the rings, replacing the trigger. The rifle I have one on is sub moa @ 100yd w/ Hornady ammo and probably the reason I'm posting is I put in on the bench at 300 yd on sat and was making some 1.5-1.75'' groups. Couldn't be more please.

I am not crazy of the Picatinny tops. Looks like added weight. Can you get without or buy a set of the tactical rings and use the tops off of them? what you think?

here is a pic of em!

xtrrings.jpg

Mike

Last edited:
I prefer the picitinny to the side. (45deg. mount.) No looking over the top of stuff to use it, just a little twist of the rifle, and away you go...

Originally Posted By: mikeinlouisianaI am not crazy of the Picatinny tops. Looks like added weight. Can you get without or buy a set of the tactical rings and use the tops off of them? what you think?

Mike

I can't imagine it's THAT much extra weight, but I did read on another forum that the tops are interchangable with other XTR rings.

Quote:Can you get without or buy a set of the tactical rings and use the tops off of them?

Yes. I've never seen them without, but the Extreme Tactical and P.E.P.R. use the same top halves (as long as they're both 1" or both 30mm, of course).

Just ordered a set from Optics planet. Price was $70.92 shipped after I used this discount code that I got lucky and googled: bx5sm9s (5% off).

Back