Savage 10 Predator 22-250 Best Ammo?

rockhound

For all of you that shoot the Savage 10 Predator in 22-250, have you found an over-the-counter round that shoots really well in the gun? I am shooting the winchester varmint bullets (45 grain) and they group pretty well but I am curious what your favorite load is? I would love to put 3 shots in one hole with over-the-counter ammo, but not sure if that is realistic. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.

Welcome to the board rockhound!
grin.gif

Jack

We have shot hundreds of those Winchester 45GR JHP at everything from coyote down. In fact we still use them in my wife's gun(both of ours are Savage MOD 10 in 22-250). IMHO it is one of the best factory loads we have ever used.

I just sighted in a friends 22-250 mod 10 with 55g balistic silver tips and had great results. 1" or under at hundred and I'm not the best shot!!! i'm almost covinced that the new savage would drive tacs loaded with spit balls since he has it in a 223 that shoots awesome as well.

Thanks everyone for your input. Of the rounds discussed above, are any better than the others for preserving the pelts? I have shot a few coyotes this year with the 45-grain Winchesters and they are blowing bazooka-sized holes through them.

Back