12-20-09 IL.coyote

Hunt4em

Had a chance to go make a couple of stands this afternoon.On my way to making it to my first stand i seen two seperate coyotes out in some feilds but didnt have permission to hunt on.
It did get my hopes up of calling one in though.It was snowing hard and could only see about 150 yards.
Got to my firstset up and set the fox pro and decoy out.About 45 mins.into the set i caught something out of the corner of my left eye I was facing away on the other side of the hedge row.This 36lb femalewas only 23yrds away upwind of me.
Setteled the crosshairs on her and squezed the trigger of my rem 22-250 off.The 55grn.sierra blitzking pinned her right between the eyes and exited the neck. Where she is laying is were she dropped.I was setting against the trees just over her head.Hope you enjoy the pics as much as i did the hunt.

HUNT4EM

hunting004.jpg

hunting006.jpg

hunting005-1.jpg

hunting007.jpg

Great job! Where are you located? Looks like same terrain I hunt here in Montgomery county. I was out in that snow storm too. Didn't get one, but heard a lot of howling when I got out of the truck to make first stand. They were across the tracks and wouldn't come over the tall birm and across the 400yd open field. I would do this defferant ly looking back. This was my first stand in 20 years, and I'm a newbie all over again!

Last edited:
Good job. Good pics. Its nice to see some il guys on here. Ive been staying on my stands a little longer lately. This snow might have em moving some today. Ill find out. I hunt in nokomis and near taylorville in montgomery county as well bradley.

I live in Macoupin co Palmyra. This was about an average stand for me. Went out saturday morning and set for two hours at that one due to fresh tracks in the snow.I started with male challenge switched to female invation then hit jack rabbit in destress and howled along with the fox pro.It either worked or i got lucky.

Good to see someone is getting some in. ADE ABOUT FIVE DRY STANDS in the last week or so. It will pick up . I like it when it's colder. I'm north of Tville.

Dont get to worked up last year all i could call in was cold winds and dry stands.This is my 4 stand for this fall and one night stand.I would like to see a couple of feet of snow till the end of feb.

I am very impatient at times but most of the time i dont get in a hurry. I posted the sounds about 4 up when you asked.Didnt say the howler was made by LeMarr game calls.
I will try to post gun pic.Nothing special just a rem 700 bdl with a leapold 4x12x40 its just my favorite gun to use.

Hey dog, you still got that Foxpro?
One of these days I want to get up to Edinburg and hunt with ya and most importantly shoot the bull
thumbup.gif

In Christ,

Song Dog

Originally Posted By: doghntrYeah I still got it. Let me know when you are going to be up this way. Or I could come your way.

10-4

In Christ,

Song Dog

Back