decoy dogs

Jesse lackey

i have two catahoula pups that i was going to start on coons. i know that i could get them started on yotes, but, there is no way that they could run all day with the caliber of walker, and other running hounds i can get, so i havnt given it a second thought. But I have never heard of decoy dogs, before this sight. Could someone tell me a little about calling with decoy dogs? whats the point, just to stop a spooked yote? I love more than anything hunting behind a dog, so if i could add a dog to the mix when im calling, That would be great!!!!

Jesse,

There's a tremendous amount of information on this site concerning this very subject. Take a little time to search this forum as well as the predator hunting and story board forum. Search for the name Bubba in the title and you'll have volume's of reading.

Jesse,
Welcome to Predator Masters. You will find alot of information on that subject around here. Mike Grainger knows alot about such a subject, check out some of his posts about Bubba and Dash.

Mike is right, there is lots of info on decoy dogs, if you look back thru some older post. I use catahoula's, and crosses for decoy dogs.
Theres lots of pics on my website, but I'm not much of a writer.

Back