Seen this nikon news?

What's so different about Nikon? On this site I've seen people call to boycott Cooper Firearms based on a stupid comment made by the company's namesake. I don't recall seeing much of a dissenting opinion on that one. What's the difference?

I've been thinking about a new scope for my .22-250 and was considering trying out one of Nikon's Coyote scopes. Now I'm not considering that any more. If the company pulled it's sponsorship of an event due to pressure from the environmentalists why would I reward that with emails of praise and by spending money with them? I'm not going to send them a nice message and tell them it's o.k. because it's not. They should have a spine and stand up for their customers and their beliefs. Is Nikon the first company to get this pressure? I doubt it. They are only noteworthy in giving in to the environmentalist crew.

After pulling sponsorships the next step is to stop making products for us. Personally I don't care if they do stop. There are plenty of other companies out there that won't buckle in to the pressure and will continue to make outstanding products for sportsman.

I know Nikon is one of the sponsors of this site, but if they continue to pull sponsorships from contests how long do you think it will be before they pull this sites sponsorship? Don't we have a contest every year?

Nate

I hope everyone is as pissed of as I am about this. The radical left minority seems to get results by just sending some emails to Nikon or whoever. As hunters it is time to TAKE THE TIME and send some emails ourselves. If we don't we eventually will be hunting only through computer games. Nikon has lost my business. Spread the news. Other forums, clubs, stores etc. Numbers mean $. Amen to all the other posts before mine. At the very least sit down and email guys. Then get out and look through your Burris, Leupold, Trijicon, Swarovski, Bushnell, Zeiss, rifle scopes and shoot a predator.

Talked my friend out of buying there ATB bino's yesterday.
Not only because of Nicon's lack of back bone to support a completely leagal activity but also because the ATB line sucks. I've had to send them in for repair twice within a year.
It seems the liberal rats DO eventualy get every thing they want to worsen our society and culture.
For example: abortion, gun control, a fatherless single mom society, homosexuality, uncontrolled immigration, the abolition of Christmas as we new it, Obama and the list continues.

Hunt hard, fight hard and fight to win.

Nikon has nice stuff, but not nice enough to pull sponsorships. There is a whole market of good optics out there. I highly recommend zeiss...

Borderdog,

I agree why are we looking the other way with Nikon. We hammered long time hunters (Dumbo) We hammered a custom rifle maker, but are willing to look the other way on Nikon? Bull. I do not care if they still sponsor the web site. They turned their backs on an entire section of customers. And to date, several days later I have no response at all.

Has anyone heard from Nikon? Have they emailed an answer? But they sure in heck pulled out of a hunt sponsorship. I am glad to say that no new Nikon products will be entering my house and time soon.

Rockin bar I respect the political position you are in as a result of the hunt director position, but come on. Either they are a hunting supporting company or not. Either they support a citizens right to participate in a legal activity or they do not. Since they have no response for me, they are done. I will be letting all my buddies know as well. Luckily they are several other companies that have priorities traight and realize who is supporting them.

I understand the positions posted so far. I wouldn't of backed out myself, personally[I tend not to submit LOL!]. But I don't run Nikon.

Anyway, the way I see products & a company's stance. "Generally" does not sway my opinion, if they make a good product, have good customer service & are affordable to joe consumer.

After all, can't say I always agree with most any manfucture of products I've bought & used. As if I did, hold them to their stance on EVERYTHING. I doubt I would ever buy a dang thing of theirs.

My final point is, they make good products for the hunting consumer, IMO. Of which I'm personally satisfied with. So I'll continue to be their consumer. Unless of course, if by chance they ever ceased or completely abandoned, the hunter.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: steve garrettI support what nikon did, we all should, contest hunting just puts a ton of idiots out and just thrashes the area for calling, its not a sport or for fun, its all about killing numbers, where is the fun in that. it doesn't show respect to the animal. we as hunters should be about fair chase and ethics. contests make us all look like a bunch of blood thirsty red necks.

I have hunted in 5 calling contests put on by 3 different organizations. My experience was quite different that what is stated in the cited quote.

Each of these contests had a fur buyer on hand to purchase the hides and offered disposal of unwanted or damaged hides/animals.

In each contest the proceeds were given to local youth organizations (wrestling, shooting, hunting).

Each contest was a forum for networking ,camaraderie, and service to a local community.

Each contest had representatives from the community to serve supper/lunch to the contestants.

Each contest had to follow rules that were more prohibitive than state law.

What part of hunting in these organized hunts is different than predator hunting in general? The comments made to categorize calling contests as unethical and unfair, carried out by idiots that are rednecks, are irresponsible and unfounded. Beyond that. . . . the statements attack the predator hunting community as a whole. Hunters operate within the law and ethics of a state/country . . . . Poachers operate outside of law and ethics. Don't confuse the two groups. You don't have to agree with it, just make sure you understand what you are talking about.

Hunters need to support each other. Do you really think the objectives of anti-hunting organizations are to end calling tournaments and then let Mr Steve carry on predator hunting outside of a tournament? The objective is to end all hunting, trapping, and any use of an animal for human consumption.

Think about it.

Last edited:
Back