Utah West Desert Coyote Down

KiYoter

thumbup.gif
First Stand of the year. Ran right up to the call from behind me, dang near tripped over the call. Then stopped about 30 yards away perfect broadside shot. One shot, One kill. Made 2 more stands and called in 3 more dogs, as usual as soon as they got close enough wind changed and they were outta there. I guess it was worth the drive and by the way we didn't see another person ALL DAY!

13543_1269036440626_1071296645_30872043_6507869_s.jpg

I was thinking the same thing! Must be a very good area.... Good job! You should take me along with you sometime haha!
Originally Posted By: IdahoGobblerwow you got my respect! i couldent find a dog at all when i lived down there!

I went out yesterday also. No people no coyotes buy lots of fog. Most the time visibiliy was less than 100 yds.

Reb we found that the fog was actually helping us. We were able to hunt areas that usually you can see for miles but because of the fog you could walk a little over 100 yards and the truck was hidden. Then just set up a stand. Thay all came in HOT because all they had to go on was sound.

I was hoping the fog would help. I had 2 stands that I was able to get some howling a long ways off. There had been a lot of traffic in the area. Lots of tire tracks. Also noticed sheep and cattle grazing in the area now. They just didnt want to cooperate. Called in hawks and crow but no coyote.

Way to go on that Utah Song Dog!

We also went out yesterday to work on the video. Coyotes howled at us on half our stands but nothing wanted to commit. Last stand of the day, I was glassing a rock pile about 300 yards out and I spot the biggest Bobcat I've ever seen. He looked like a snow leopard sitting tall and proud on top of a boulder just staring at us through the junipers. Huge white belly, black spots and he had us pegged. I tell my client he's gonna have to take him now. I zoom the camera in on him and tell him go ahead. Bang! I watch through the binos as that "boone and crocket" ducks his head, looks behind him and bolts off the bolder and outta site. We didn't get the bob this time, but we got some cool footage and I know where he lives. We'll be back!

Tom Austin

Back