Friday

williamwjohnson

airconditioner014.jpg

Went out to set traps on Friday and decided to make a stand after I was done. Wind was blowing pretty bad, but the hedgerow slowed it down enough to call. I had the wind at my back since I was by myself. Started off with TT Starved Starling. It is a quiet call, so I like to start with it. After 5 minutes I decided to get a little louder and fired up Tweety. Only blew a couple of series when I see this female coming in downwind. Got to what ended up being 112 yards and seen me moving into position. I lipped squeaked and she raised her head and I dropped her with the 204. Set her on her butt and flipped her over backwards. I have never got to drop one like that before. First coyote I have called this year out of about 18 sets. Seen a few a couple of weeks ago when we had snow and cold temps, but none calling. Not a lot of sign the last two seasons, even around the sheep farm I got this female at. We'll that's about it. Thanks.

very nice. how do you like your .204? i'm kind of looking around for a new rifle in the near future... fur damage? knockdown power?

Back