New to board

bradley

Hey Folks. I'm new here so I figured I would introduce myself. Brad Everett from south cenral Illinois. Used to call fox and coyote in the 80's and early 90's. Then started hunting, shooting and building flintlock rifles exclusively since then. haven't even held a modern rifle in several years. But my close sight vision has gone bad, so I figured I would get back into shooting modern rifles with scopes. Boy have things changed! Lots of new calibers and rifles. I couldn't even legally use an elctronic call at night back then. Used only handcalls. Got a lot to learn. One thing I do like to do is save a few coins by making stuff myself if I can. I found an old pair of wooden crutches someplace a while back. Cut the top brace off and added a strap between the 2 uprights. Makes a great bipod and beats paying $10 or more. That can go for the new 223cal. I want. Well thanks for having me, Brad.

Welcome to Predator Masters.
thumbup1.gif

Make yourself comfortable, you got lots of reading available.

welcome to the forum. happy to see you getting back into predator calling. with the economy the way it is i'm starting to make some of my own stuff too. killed a couple of Cananda geese recently and made some simple feather bundles out of the belly feathers for decoys. just tied them with my fly tying tools and glued them. i use one on a battery operated decoy spinner that i purchased couple of years ago. i also take one and just tie it to a tree limb with 3ft of 6lb mono. i've managed to take a couple of nice coyotes with each of these decoys. kinda makes it a little more special when you make em yourself.

good luck geting back in the groove. hope your season goes well.

welcome flintlock building sounds like fun
i'm redoing the stock on my 243 right now and going to build one for a 308 as soon as i can buy the stuff to do it.
i got a question for you
where is a good place to buy gun stock filler?
i use to see it in every sporting goods store but haven't been able to find it now.

Wish I could help you on the filler, but I just don't use it on flinters. You might try bass pro. They had accuglass a while back.

Back