Cold Weather Calling

muffdupinak

How cold is too cold? I have been trying my luck at calling this past week in the 5 below weather we have had here on the Kenai Peninsula and had no luck getting anything to move. So i guess im wondering if im just wasting my time or what.

muff, imo the colder the better.the yotes will need more to eat in the cold weather to keep their energy up.some of our better nights here in mn is when it is o to -20.good luck,stay warm

The colder the better.. Its just how much can your body stand out in them temps..The best night-days I have ever had its been -10 or colder thats no joke... Its never to cold for coyotes and fox to come to the call this I know for a fact...
In my area the colder it gets the faster they come to the call they dont want to mess around by finding food when they here it and go right to it..Its true..
Good luck and be safe and try to stay warm...
smile.gif

Hope that helps a little..

Chris...

What they said i know up here in fairbanks -10 to -25 is prime time but once it gets much colder like -35 + activity dies a bit

I've been out in the -30's and had great days. I say the colder the better as long as you keep your own safety in mind.

Nate

Back