25-06 and IMR 4350 and IMR 4831

Encore 1

I am new to this forum and fairly new to reloading. I just got a 28" barrell 25-06 for my Encore, and need a little starting help. Has anyone used IMR 4350 or IMR 4831 to load Nosler's 85gr BT ballistic tip. Any accurate load that I can start with that will save me some time going from nothing.
Thanks for any help.

According to Nosler #5 Nosler 85 Grain Solid Base Bt

IMR 4350 Start 49.5 grains FPS 3175 * Most accurate load listed with this powder BTW*
MAX- 53.5 FPS 3450

Do NOT have IMR 4831 listed

I'm thinking it's a bit slow of powder for the lower weight bullet

Thanks ACEOKY I have not gotten any manuels yet except the Speer that came with my Rock Chucker. Hope Santa gets me some gift certificates so I can get a few. This forum sure is a help. A friend gave me several different brands of bullets for the 25-06 that belonged to his father but didn't have any manuels. May ask some more questions about the others.

ask away, and you can also find reloading data on the powder manufacturer's website.
http://stevespages.com/257_2_85.html is a good source. steve's data is usually pretty accurate, and he has put a lot of time into developing these loads with the powders he lists. the one's in white are what he found to be the most accurate in his gun.

hodgdon - http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp
winchester also has a load data page. all of these can be beneficial - until you get your manuals. Start low and work up. watch for pressure signs, and be careful.

Thanks TNcriterglitter, both sites have a wealth of information on loads for a lot of different powders and bullets for all the rifles that I have.
I have an Encore and have the following calibers at this time thanks to a friend and my wife. .338 Win Mag, 25-06, .223, in the 28" heavy fluted barrells and a 22-250 and .308 in the 24" heavy barrells. I am getting the trigger worked on and want to collect many of the barrells that they make. I really like the feel of the rifle.
Thanks again.
You guys are great.

Welcome aboard Encore 1.
w00t.gif

Jack

Back