Fool his nose or his eyes...

Kirby01

Guys I am getting to make a camo purchase. I live in KY and will be hunting the Eastern version. Ghillie/Leafy type suit or scent lock? All info appreciated. thanks Kirby

I would go with the camo that offers the best match to the vegetation / ground you are hunting and let the wind direction do its job. You won't ever get rid of ALL your human scent no matter how well you wash yourself and your hunting garb anyway.

It is easier to fool his eyes and avoid his nose.

You are not going to fool their nose, fool their sight. I have several sent lock suits but I didn't buy them for the sent lock. I bought them because of their design. They have the pockets where I want them and the fit that I liked. Again, you are not going to fool their nose!

I agree. I'm new to predator hunting, but well-seasoned in deer hunting. Scent-blocker clothing is an unecessary expense. Good camo and good hunting technique will get you farther down the road.

Even well camo'd. Some coyotes can/will still see you[or your firearm] move. Especially, if their looking your way. Some local coyotes can/will, pick you out even if you don't move. No doubt when they see something "out of place". They will hone in on it intently.

Although some may disagree. A local coyote will more readily pick you out from the surrounding terrain. As compared to a coyote not origionally from the area. But is only passing through.

Blending in is the key, we have had them walk within 5 feet of us on their way to the call. Not sure who was more surprised my son or the coyote...lol

All the above is correct, your just wasting your time if you try to fool thier nose. get the best matching camo you can afford and keep your movements to the bare minumim.

Last edited:
Back