Bubba and Dash, the Dynamic Duo! The Final Chapter!

That's a scary deal with Bubba, but I'm glad it all turned out. I can't believe the number of responses you got to the name tag. That's very cool to hear.

Looks like Dash it turning out to be a winner. No doubt Bubba will be passing on his experience to the young dog to carry own for you.

Have you been seeing coyotes paired up early this year? We've called up more pairs than usual, the past couple of days and coyotes have been howling all day long. We had multiple groups howling around us, unprovoked, at noon, 1, and 2 in the afternoon. Not usual around here.

Love your stories and pictures Mike. Keep them coming!

Tony

Great story and pictures like always. Glad all three of you made it home safely.

Congrats on the successful hunt!

Tony,
Can't say I've noticed them paired up any more than usual for this time of year. What was really noticeable was the lack of multiples coming to the dogs. Even on the triple, 3 coyotes came from three different directions, and is almost always the case, all males. Having two dogs seemed to really ramp up the intimidation factor. I'm hoping that later in the season the opposite will occur and instead of being intimidated, they'll be much more aggressive. You can bet I'll keep everyone informed.

On another note, the horn tip call I got from you a couple of years ago is really coming into it's own. I'm probably like most and will use my tried and true calls first. This year I've been forcing myself to use different calls. There's something about your call that gets the coyotes coming in a hurry.
thumbup1.gif

Back