Educate me on Foxpros.

gethuntin

Well i think i am going to get a foxpro but have a few questions. Beings i havent kept up on all the new stuff i would like to know some important differences.
I have it narrowed down to the FX3 or the Spitfire.
Between the 2 i was wondering if there would be a difference in the loudness and clarity.
I notice the FX3 has a 5 year warranty and the Spitfire has only one year is this a concern.

And i see the FX3 holds 32 sounds and Spitfire holds 24.Neither may be enough with all the sounds available. So i was wondering can you delete and add file to the foxpro repeatedly once they are downloaded to your computer?

If I remember correctly, I thought the FX3 held 100 sounds. I had an FX3 and it was very easy to rearrange, add, and delete, sound files with their software.

Tony

I have the FX3 It is fantastic and yes you keep the sounds in your computer and can even record your own and download to the caller. Hope that helps

Here I'll make it easy for you. Buy a used FX5 for about the same price as a new FX3. I wouldn't worry about the warranty either as FoxPro will honor it even past the expiration date most of the time. The FX5 has a much better remote and you'll not regret owning it. The Spitfire seems to struggle in the remote department from what I've read. Seems to really struggle if it's cold. The FX3's remote does not work nearly as well as the FX5's especially if there is any distance beyond 70 yards or if there isn't a direct line of sight. The FX5 is a great call and would still be on top had FoxPro not introduced the Fury and CS 24. However because they did there's never been a better time to get a good deal on a FX5.

Loudness yes if your going to use both the speakers on the fx3, i hardly ever do .
either will be plenty loud in my humble oppinion .
clarity i think not .
If you ask around about foxpro youll see warranty is usually not an issue
24 sounds is alot unless your doing this for a living .
Yes you can add or delete sounds at your will .

On both of those units, you can change the sounds either manually or with the FoxPro software.

I own the Spitfire and it is working fairly well for a $200 unit. Have tested the remote functions out to about 200 yards (straight shot, no obstructions) and it still works fairly well.

Loudness on the Spitfire may even be a bit too loud at the highest setting (there are only 5 settings). The lowest setting of 1 is so low you can only hear it from a few feet away. Setting 2 is a bit better then there is a major jump in volume at level 3 and that is a pretty good mid-range volume. The jump from level 3 to 4 isn't huge but is very noticeable. The volume jumps in a major way from level 4 to 5!!!

Also, on the Spitfire, you may have to press a button more than once to get a function or sound change to take effect. This happens with batteries that are fully charged and with batteries that have been used for a few stands no matter how close or far off you are from the unit.

Don't worry about how many sounds it will hold too much. Changing sounds in the unit is pretty easy but you will need an adapter to use with the micro SD card and a stereo patch cord to connect the remote to the call unit for synchronizing the two of them. If you want to carry extra memory cards already programmed with sounds, you can only use 1GB or smaller micro SD cards...higher capacity just don't work. Also, you must number your sounds (part of the file name) 000 - 023 in order for them to work.

On either Foxpro unit you are not limited to using Foxpro sounds. You can use any MP3 or WAV file that will fit the micro SD card. I have a few 15 and 20 minute mp3 sequences so that all I have to do is get them started and let them play through the whole stand if I want.

Hope this helps you decide.

I have an FX3 that the warranty was over,i was the second owner, and they still fixed me up when I had to send it in..Foxpro customer service is one of the best.
However like stated before, you can get a used FX5 for the same price as a new FX3, maybe cheaper if you do ebay or something.

"Don't worry about how many sounds it will hold too much. Changing sounds in the unit is pretty easy but you will need an adapter to use with the micro SD card and a stereo patch cord to connect the remote to the call unit for synchronizing the two of them. If you want to carry extra memory cards already programmed with sounds, you can only use 1GB or smaller micro SD cards...higher capacity just don't work. Also, you must number your sounds (part of the file name) 000 - 023 in order for them to work."

Is this on both models or just the spitfire i notice the spitfire has cards but is the FX3 internal memory or does it also take cards?

As for a used FX5 for the price of a new FX3 sounds nice but i was thinking of buying a used FX3 for about $300. That price kinda got me thinking i could take the plunge
smile.gif

Any experience with Scorpions, they dont seem as durable or maybe have as good of speakers but its small holds alot of files and is 350 new at allpredatorcalls.com.

For $300 you don't have to settle for a used FX3. I spent some time on the web using Shopzilla and Froogle. I found 2 websites willing to sell new FX3 for $317. With shipping it was $324 delivered. I was laughing at all the people on eBay bidding used FX3's up to $375 + shipping!!! I have to agree the FX3 remote is a pain - have to keep pushing the buttons to get the remote to transmit.

I have a Scorpion, and I love it. It is small and light, and has a pretty good remote. Not as fancy as the FX-5, but it is backlit, and has a playlist so you do not need to print one. It gives you 4 programmable preset buttons to select sounds, but it does not give you preset call sequences. The speaker is very small but will deliver very good sound, and pretty good volume. If you want to project more, just get an external speaker, the Scorpion will play two separate speakers. The Scorpion will suck down alkaline batteries pretty quick, so I got the rechargeables from FoxPro and I have no more problems. It hold 100 sounds and is easy to switch them around. I got mine from Allpredatorcalls.com for about $350 new.

Since I have gotten it, I have called in 17 coyotes, two bobcats and a fox in the last 6 weeks. I have no complaints, except that I should have gotten it sooner.

I dont have any issues with my Foxpro, I just push the button hard and hold it for a second and it works just fine.Look around, somewhere someone will have a good deal on a good one

Back