1st Double 12-16-09 Iowa

Recko555

When coyote hunting today and spotted these two females in a two mile section. I walked towards them while they were balled up with the wind in my face and only saw one. I got about 275 yards out and didn't want to push my luck anymore. So I laid down, cranked the elevation knob on the 20 Practical and sent a 40gr Berger down range. The coyote was DRT. With the sound of bullet, the second coyote jumped up and ran 10 more yards and then looked back. That was all I need to send the second Berger down range. It hit its mark and down she went. I couldn't believe it. My first double! It was a total rush.

12-16-09DoubleCoyote001.jpg

12-16-09DoubleCoyote004.jpg

Gabe

You should change your name to "hammertime"
smile.gif
Say, Recko, doesn't look like you have any ice in your area? Have a good layer in my area.

Always nice seeing two yote spooning!
wub.gif

Nice shooting good luck the rest of the year.
thumbup1.gif

The shotgun hunters seem like they haven't affected your yote hunting! May be a couple of tought weeks coming up with all the gut piles and criples the next couple of weeks. Not bagging on the shotgun hunters, deer need to be thinned out, but makes it tough on the yote callers for awhile though.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I don't think as many people got out deer hunting this year with the big snow storm and blizzard like conditions. Shotgun ends this Saturday, hopefully I can still keep "hammering" them throughout the winter.

Back