Seen this nikon news?

I always wondered where these poeple communicated at. I don't mess with thier flower shows, why do they mess with my hobby?

I wonder if nikon sells more optics to them or to the hunters. I know birding is a big pastime in this country but i know plenty of birders who either hunt or could care less if I do. Just don't shoot their tweety birds.

I'm totally speechless. Those people are idiots. Perhaps I shouldn't say that but come on. Nikon, Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse IMO should tell them to piss up a rope. Those sporting goods stores revenue comes from us, the outdoorsmen (or women), not tree hugging picture takers. Look at the pictures posted on this site and others like it. I highly doubt they are taken and posted with dissposable cameras. Along with our telescopic sights, many of us also have nice cameras...... Those poor poor wolves and coyotes blahblahblah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sad to hear that they pulled out. On another note anyone who does photography as a hobby will tell you good lenses are not cheap. I dont think id ever spend 10k on a scope for any of my rifles. Even the bodies of those cameras are big money to me anyway.

How are they going to put out a coyote rifle scope then pull out of a contest sponsorship for shooting coyotes? I guess our money is good enough for them but they don't want to condone what we do.

Nate

The way to make an impact here is to send emails thanking Nikon for their support of this board & the responsible control of predators in general. Here's the email address that all these hand wringing idiots have been contacting: tnaughton@mww.com

I sent an email thanking them that went like this:

"I appreciate Nikon sponsoring predator control forums & contests. I don't yet own a Nikon rifle scope but due to the opposition you are getting from some well meaning but out of touch folks, I'll be buying one soon. Thanks again, sincerely, Gxxxxx xxx."

All it takes is for us to send 20 times the emails that the anti's do & Nikon will recognize who has the spending power on their side. Hint, it ain't the anti's.....
lol.gif

I don't think they pulled out from pressure from anti-hunters. There's probably a good reason otherwise. More like wolf controversy. Like the tree huggers said, Nikon still sponsers this site and will probably sell a ton of their coyote scopes this Christmas.

I for one will be emailing. Ironically I did just order a nikon scope just before I read this earlier. I think we need to be civil and let them know we are not a bunch of crazies. I read some of these post about using fish hooks to catch coyotes and it makes me shudder to think what that kind of behavior is doing to the sport. I realize that coyotes need to be controled and have no problem with killing them. I do realize also that they kill calves and other animals in a very grotesque manner, but that is the way it is in nature. There just being coyotes. Life not like a Disney movie, Mother Nature can be a real Nasty so and so, this is a family show, and that's just how it is. I respect all animals and when I kill I try to be more human and do it quickly with as little stress as possible to the animal. Sorry for the long rant.

Originally Posted By: thegman1763The way to make an impact here is to send emails thanking Nikon for their support of this board & the responsible control of predators in general. Here's the email address that all these hand wringing idiots have been contacting: tnaughton@mww.com

I sent an email thanking them that went like this:

"I appreciate Nikon sponsoring predator control forums & contests. I don't yet own a Nikon rifle scope but due to the opposition you are getting from some well meaning but out of touch folks, I'll be buying one soon. Thanks again, sincerely, Gxxxxx xxx."

All it takes is for us to send 20 times the emails that the anti's do & Nikon will recognize who has the spending power on their side. Hint, it ain't the anti's.....
lol.gif

Excellant Idea That's what I did!

Im kinda surprised nikkon pulled their sponsorship. you would think they would stand by their product and the intended use because its what they do and what they beleive in regardless of the $H!+ they catch from the bunny huggers.

These are the same "RICHARD CRANIUMS" that reside in the concrete plazas (Seattle, Portland, LA. ect.) that will ok cutting down trees and replacing them with shopping malls, apartment buildings, and housing complexes, oh don't let me forget asphalt what ever is left. On the other hand they will climb up a tree and live there for months so you don't cutt it down and replant another to take its place. Living in a town that depends on tree farming for survival, these pathetic greeners get real old!!!!! Don't let me forget that the first sign of a bear, cougar, or coyote shows up in their back yard and eats "Fluffy" they are the first to call the game dept. to come and track down the beast! Now I have vented!!!

here is my post to the site...and a pic:
Have any of you thought of the destruction of domestic/commercial/and wildlife that coyotes, wolves, bobcats, mountain lions, feral dogs and cats do on an annual basis to our nations ranchers and farmers? They take an inumerable amount of calves, lambs, etc as well as your domestic cats and dogs. They spread disease like wildfire. Predator hunters do not even put a small dent in their population. They breed and breed and the destructive cycle continues. My neigbor lost a dog to a coyote. Carried him off in his mouth right in front of us. That was 10 years ago and I hunt them every chance that i get. I am not in an area that there are many wolves, but I support Nikon 100%! Their Coyote Special scope is one of the better products for predator hunters. Be advised before you start your Starbucks, PETA, flaming of me, that I am an ethical hunter and only go for a clean kill and don't shoot if I do not have said shot. Predator hunting is a sport. It is not like Elk, Deer, or any other big game animal. It is hunting the top of the food chain in the animal world. There are more misses than hits when predator hunting. I skin and keep all of my pelts and leave the meat for the other carrion to feed off of. You all should concentrate on what you can do for the National Deficit and what YOUR president is doing to this country instead of worrying about a coyote. My .02....let the flames begin!!

makes me not want to buy aany nikon optics. why should we support them and put money in ther pockets whn they will cave under pressure from bunny huggers and be ashamed to have us "cruel inbred heartless" hunters as supporters. someone should open up a season on bunny huggers. No bag limit.

I can assure you that the Nikon hunting division was not happy they had to withdraw the sponsorship. As a major sponsor of our event it was very disappointing to see them back out. The Camera side of Nikon is much larger and the anti's focused their efforts here. Does it make it "right" or "OK" that the sponsorship was pulled? I will leave those decisions to each individual. The reason it happened was the overwhelming response the anti's gave to Nikon through e-mails and phone calls. Cabela's, Sportsman's Warehouse(still sponsors), and the Derby organizers received their fair share as well.
This Nikon issue has become quite a victory for the anti's to boast about. It is being discussed on many other anti-hunting and hunting boards on the internet. I think it is extremely important that sportsmen let Nikon know that we buy their products as well. I would encourage everyone to do so. I thank and appreciate those of you that are letting Nikon know "through constructive communication" what your opinion is on this matter. Whatever opinion you share with them please keep it professional. I have received quite a few "hate emails" from anti's over this derby. I delete them without hesitation. Believe me I have received some real dandies. I also receive e-mails that disagree with this event but have kept their words civil and sincere. While I still don't agree with their opinions I can respect them for keeping it non-combative and their emotions in check.
The bigger picture here is how much of an affect the anti's can have through playing each others emotions and the "viral" internet as a tool. We as sportsmen have the same tool at our disposal. We should use it in a constructive way to obtain our objectives concerning any of our rights as sportsmen. I think we can have some pretty impressive results.

Here is what I sent to Nikon:

Tara and Nikon,

I would like to voice my displeasure over your pulling your advertising from the SFW Idaho Predator Derby. I personally own your products and they work great. However, if Nikon is going to be cowed by a minority, radical group I will no longer consider buying your products. In fact, I may even remove and sell the current products that I currently own. To think I was even looking at buying a DLSR type camera from you. That will not be happening in the future and the other brand name CANON certainly seems to make more sense now.

I was enlightened to the information of pulling your advertisement from the http://www.hunting-washington.com site. This site not only is dedicated to hunting, but also has a wonderful photography section in which there are some world-class dedicated photographers who spend thousands of dollars on their equipment. I am sure they will be happy to learn of your decision to support a radical group such as this. I am also a member of http://www.predatormasters.com whom I believe your company sponsors. Again I am sure the message is spreading like wildfire there and I will make sure to post there also. In fact, I will post this message at many of the different sites that I subscribe to and enjoy. Please rethink your position or the name NIKON WILL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED IN MY HOUSEHOLD and I will persuade as many people as I can to not buy your products. Any response would be appreciated.

There is also a thread over on HuntWA where you can check out our discussion: http://hunting-washington.com/smf/index.php/topic,40332.0.html

You can find info from the first post on the anti site as to how to contact Tara and Nikon.

Last edited:
Take advantage of the wackos website and click on their links to contact Nikon. I just did and let them know I won't be buying Nikon products as long as they make it a practice to appease these Liars and enviromental thugs. I also took a minute to write a blog and let HSS know what I thought of them. If everyone who read this post took two minutes to let Nikon know what they think we would have a reversal of this policy. I don't even care if they sponser the events its just pretty obvious that they caved to these enviromental thugs. Take a sec and shoot off an email
Nikon
tnaughton@mww.com

What I think is important is that we come together to insure that this internet terrorism is not productive for them again.
WE are very powerful as a group. Hunters, and I mean ALL hunters and outdoorsmen should fight the ARA's at every given opportunity.

As soon as you buckle under to them, they see clearly that they have gained ground, and will re-double efforts to see not only this event ruined, but any future hunting events at all.

They would like to see any and all hunting banned period.

But, they would like a long, drawn-out fight. Simply because THAT is how they get their money. Oh yes, it boils down to money, and them manipulating the heartstrings of the uninformed public.

They gain money, donations, and strength through lies.

We need to stand our ground against these terrorists & insure that they NEVER win another battle....I say battle, because it's only one of many skirmishes that make up a war.

I'm sure Nikon felt that they were doing the right thing at the time, but buckling under to terrorism never solves anything.

There is power in numbers. Will YOU add your strength to the ranks? You can make a difference.
Remember that the fight is not with Nikon. It never does any good to alienate our own ranks. We just have to learn from what has happened.

Barry

Back