Smart Light

Machias

I just got my Smart Light and the hand held spot light. I am extremely happy with both. Some yotes and cats are about to be smoked!!!!!!!! They are PLENTY bright enough for calling even out here in the wide open sagebrush country.

Originally Posted By: beaglerI have a red cover for mine and it GREATLY reduces the range of the beam.
=============================================================================
Yes it does, but it's still plenty bright to see eyes coming a long way off! I still use a Lightforce to shoot with, but I leave the Walkabout in the truck since I got the Smartlight.
I've spoken with Gary Miller many times about producing the same light with a red LED and a clear lens. He says the red LED would not be as bright as the white (actually blue) LED. In order to make it brighter, a heat sink would have to be used to accomodate the increased wattage. Increased wattage would also reduce run time. I've never come close to running out of battery with the Smartlight, even after three nights hunting without charging, so more wattage and less runtime wouldn't bother me at all. They are geared toward coon hunting, I'm not sure they really understand what we need as far as light output.
F1

Even with the Amber or Red Lens I can see eyes waaaaay out there. Plenty of distance for hunting. Your right I really like the amber.

Do a Google search for Gary Miller Mountian Curs or Gary Miller coon light. Some of us have been scolded for hot linking to them.

ok now what one do you guys have ? Whats the diff between these lights and the ones at huntsmart or whatever that site is.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kenawell1ok now what one do you guys have ? Whats the diff between these lights and the ones at huntsmart or whatever that site is.
smile.gif

The Smart Light and Predator Light are LED's as opposed to the various headlamp packages sold by NiteLite (huntsmart.com). The Predator Light has a battery contained within the headlamp itself. The Smart Light has a small battery that is connected to the headlamp by a short cord. Both are very compact and there is no need for a heavy battery pack to be strapped to your side.
I have one of each to be truthful as well as a Coon Hunter's Favorite II headlamp package from NiteLite.

Anyone have some pics of this light in action? The video's on his site wont work? I am wondering how far this light will pick up eyes, and how well ya can I.D. with it also.

I am currently using a headlamp and my primos gun light. The gun light I can deal with , I need a better scan-Id light

Last edited:
Its a very powerful light, you can pickup lights up to around 250 yds with the amber light, I was IDing deer and cows. its a tight beam.

Kenawell, sounds like you already have what you need. ID with your gun light and scope. They're not gonna let you hit them with a bright light twice.

I am just going to try to mount one of these primos on my shooting stick or hat, etc. Some places I hunt pointing the gunlight is not always the best so I want another option.
I wish I would have bought the 12 volt in the begining oh well.

Last edited:
Back