Best Trail Camera for Coyotes?

coyotehater

Looking to purchase a trail camera for $100 or less....any suggestions? I'm wanting it for the purpose of coyotes only. I've heard Moultrie D40, Wildview Xtreme, Bushnell, & Stealth...Anyone had any luck with getting good coyote pictures on any of these cameras? Where is the cheapest place to get them? I've had it with these coyotes in my neighborhood....threatening my 90 lb dog!!!! I've never hunted them before, so wish me luck!!!!
Thanks!!!

used the moultrie

MDGC0070.jpg

I've had a few Moultrie cameras and the "trigger" speed was very slow, but the photo quality was very good. I had to place the cameras over water so the camera had time to snap the shot. Night shots were very good also.

ICAM0268.jpg

Bobcat5566.jpg

ICAM0160.jpg

4cy.jpg

Notice, the 2 coyotes are already at the tank, the trigger speed did not trip when they 1st got into view of the camera, where the two are in the back, is where a better camera would have taken it's 1st picture before the 1st two coyotes even got to the tank.

Make sure you get an infrared camera for coyotes at night. I have tried a flash at night and it scares them away. The IR seems to work well though. I am using a Stealth Cam I540IR over deer carcasses now.

Get an IR cam. I've only been able one pic of the coyotes that have come to my flash camera...after that they all jet. It probably depends on the area, but the IR has nothing to spook them.

Back